Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
dual 800

Of note, it works very well on my GeForce 3/ Dual 800 G4.

Note: It only uses 1 procesor... so could even be faster if they'd implemented threading.

arn

U

Unregistered

It works on a GeForce2MX as stated in the readme

It works on a GeForce2MX as stated in the readme.

Successfully tested on a g4(DA) 733

Salty

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by mac15
WILL IT WORK WITHOUT A GEFORCE3

Yes it does. Just checked it on my G4 400 w/ ATI Rage128 pro and it works very well

Macx

sloppyjoe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2002
Works on my PB G4 550!!!

Very smooth motion, even with water reflections enabled! However, after I zoom out, the frame rate seems to drop a few. VERY IMPRESSIVE: I WANT THIS AS A SCREEN SAVER!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
looks killer!

I think I'm going to have to make a move from print design to video....

it seems that's where things are going more....

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2001
boston
agreed - the learning curve jumping into 3D animation is quite steep. esp. when you get into scripting languages to save yourself a ton of setup in a scene. video editing with FCP might be a good start. I have the app, and a tutorial book, and it's still not quite simple. it sure isn't like iMovie ;)

holmesf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2001
Screensaver hell yah...all the way.

Powerbook G4 w/ Radeon. Amazing. I sent an email asking them if they had plans to make it a screensaver. Very cool.

U

Unregistered

Works GREAT on my Flower Power (512mbRAM)

works very nicely!

U

Unregistered

What video card?

I want to upgrade my video card to see this better (I have a dp 450 with the standard card that came with it -- ati something I believe).

Will a geforce 2 allow me to enable reflections, etc?

Thanks!

MasterX (OSiX)

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2001
Re: What video card?

Originally posted by Unregistered
I want to upgrade my video card to see this better (I have a dp 450 with the standard card that came with it -- ati something I believe).

Will a geforce 2 allow me to enable reflections, etc?

Thanks!

I'd recommend 4 graphics cards (based on your needs):
1) GeForce2 MX, if you buy a PC one for like $99 you can mac-flash it and it'll be AGP.

2) Radeon Mac Edition, solid performance, edges out GeForce2 MX at high-resolutions and has more features (although none work w/macs)

3) Radeon PCI: If you want a 2nd display (like my setup) this is the #1 card I beleive (esp in OS X) this thing outperforms my Rage128 (AGP)

4) Radeon 8500 will be out soon, expect monster performance with incredible performance on 2 displays. I want one soooo bad, then again doesn't exist for macs yet.

Of corce a GeForce3 is also awsome, but you'd want to get a mac-flashed GF3 Ti500, or regular GF3, not a Apple GF3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.