Tweetpad concept

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jeznav, Feb 2, 2010.

1. jeznav macrumors 6502

I'm currently working on iPad concept called Tweetpad. It's basically similar to Tweetdeck but I'm integrating the things that are most important to the user. Since iPhone OS doesn't allow multitasking, I'll use the larger screen estate to add things as modules or panels. I'll add things like Twitter, facebook, maybe an IM client, something that is relevent. Anyways I need some suggestions before I release this thing in two months.

I made a rough quick sketch to see how it might look.
    [​IMG]

Ps. If you have nothing to contribute please leave this thread.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Love the idea, and would hate if Apple butchered it. So here is a strong recommendation. Seeing as how you plan on adding a pane or tab with browsing, I might suggest not doing that. Why? Remember Apple will reject any app that replicates the functionality of their core apps, such as Safari.

So, you can have tweeter on one tab while having an IM system on the other. Also, bear in mind, you can call APIs for the iPod functionality, so you can use that to let the user manage their music preferences easier.

Edit - If you can add Facebook integration, you would have a winner here.

3. jeznav thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I'm not going to mimic Safari's look. The SDK already provides Webviews and there are browsers in iPhone that use them. Just add a simple navigation and an address bar. The panels I'm still thinking of creating tabs and moves like Xbox's interface. As for iPod music I can do that with a simple hook.

Facebook live update/status perhaps...

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Might I say it would be a sneaky way to multitask. 3 things in one app is not technically multitasking, although you are.;);)

5. w00master macrumors 65816

This is not entirely correct. Tweetie and other Twitter iPhone apps incorporate a browser within it's own app. The key point is that they have to use the Safari engine. So, the mock-up that the OP is totally fine.

Just an FYI, there are literally hundreds of apps in the app store that do the same thing as Tweetie.

w00master

6. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I think that's the real winner here!

7. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

The big question is licensing issues. Can you include a facebook client, a twitter client and whatever else in an iPad app without some sort of licensing or royalty as you are either incorporating elements of their owns apps or at the minimum using their trademarks, etc.

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

twitter doesnt care and idk if the others do too.

9. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

Is the Safari nav bar allowed?

10. w00master macrumors 65816

That I don't know. Probably not. The way Tweetie handles it is that they place the refresh, back and forward buttons on the bottom.

w00master

11. cjthebest macrumors member

It reminds me of Google Wave's layout!

12. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

13. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

14. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Yes, I was pointing out that the name exists and that it could be an issue if he releases it.

Hence why I added "Not the same."