Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twelve South on Wednesday unveiled the HiRise for Apple Watch, a brushed metal stand designed to hold all three editions of the wrist-worn device. The stand showcases the entire Apple Watch, allowing you to interact with the screen while it is charging, and features a non-slip rubber base, silicone accents and leather landing pad to keep the smartwatch secure and protected.

Apple-Watch-HiRise-Twelve-South-800x286.jpg
HiRise for Apple Watch, similar to the iPhone version of the stand, is slightly angled so that you can easily interact with the Apple Watch from a bedside table or countertop. The watch band tucks away cleanly behind the stand's metal frame, with the silicone accents preventing any scratches or scuffs. A pop-out disk on the back of the stand keeps the Apple Watch's magnetic charging cable out of sight.

HiRise for Apple Watch will be released in May for $49.99 on Twelve South's website, available in silver and gray options. Those interested in the product can sign up to Twelve South's mailing list with their name, email address and country of residence to receive updates when the product becomes available.

Article Link: Twelve South Announces HiRise Charging Stand for Apple Watch

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Yeah i'm taking back both my original knee jerk criticisms after looking at the photo properly. Looks quite a nice idea.

Last edited:

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
I really like the look of that. I have there iPhone stand and really like it. I think I will be adding this one to my night stand.

I would really like a combo stand that does both iPhone and Apple Watch so there isn't 2 separate stands on my nightstand.

NICE...little pricey but nice.

At least for the price its made out of nice materials and not just plastic like so many others will be.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Twelve South makes some really nice accessories, well designed and high quality... Shame the price tag has to match :(

The price is better than Apple Watch's.

Yes, could shave off some dollars, but I think it's okay and it'll probably be discounted somewhere much sooner than an Apple Watch (at least a new one from a retailer, not talking used and obsolete ;) )

Glassed Silver:mac

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
When will we start seeing dome cases that go over your watch and wrist to protect your watch from damage. They'll need flip up lids for when you need to access it. Will we see people with bubble wrap padding their wrists to keep their watch from getting scratched. Will there be a Lifeproof Watchproof for taking it swimming. :D

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
My Macbook Pro HiRise was one of the dumbest purchases I've ever made. Such an overpriced product in my opinion.

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
I really like the look of that. I have there iPhone stand and really like it. I think I will be adding this one to my night stand.

I would really like a combo stand that does both iPhone and Apple Watch so there isn't 2 separate stands on my nightstand.

At least for the price its made out of nice materials and not just plastic like so many others will be.

Griffin WatchStand is a 2-in-1 charging stand for iPhone/Apple Watch:

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/03/10/griffin-watchstand-apple-watch/

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hopefully someone comes out with an Apple watch stand that looks like a tiny iMac, kind of like certain iPhone stands. That design is my favorite, considering it'll sit next to my iMac when not in use. (Same goes for phone).

rmatthewware

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
Pass, twelve south makes pretty things that are useless

To you. I love my twelve south iMac stands. Helps me look at my iMac head on instead of having to hunch.

What I really wish is that the iMac was adjustable in terms of height.

----------

"designed to hold all three editions of the wrist-worn device"

I didn't realize the size of each watch was so different. Or did you mean the stands can hold all three editions at once?

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I'll probably be purchasing this on day 1. I have the Hirise for the iPhone and really like it.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
Twelve South makes some really nice accessories, well designed and high quality... Shame the price tag has to match :(
I don't mind paying a good amount for a quality product. It's hard to tell based on the pictures since they seem to be renders, but if it's any indication based on past products it should be a quality product. If you think about the product long term than it really isn't that expensive.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I have the hirise for iPhone and it is great. This one looks pretty awesome as well but the price is a bit high. I'm guessing the high price is just because of the even smaller market segment (Going from all iPhone users down to all Apple Watch users, which is only a subset of the first.)

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Would love for a combo unit (iPhone & Apple Watch) for my nightstand. I have their iPhone stand on my desk at work and love it.

agreed, but lets go further. i would love something that could hold the watch and at least to other devices that could be docked. Both my wife and I have an iphone and a iPad, so having one place to store them all at night would be fantastic.

The thought of three seperate cords and the fights for the outlets are enough to keep me from buying any more devices.

wait.... who am i kidding.

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
One of the better Apple Watch docks I've seen so far.
As mentioned above, I would like a combo for this and the iPhone.

Will likely purchase regardless. :)

czecho7

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
"designed to hold all three editions of the wrist-worn device"

I didn't realize the size of each watch was so different. Or did you mean the stands can hold all three editions at once?

There's no difference in size between Apple Watch versions, aside from the specific size options—38mm and the 42mm. I think they just were specifying for those who don't know, that the stand can hold any and every type/size of Apple Watch.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This ticks all the right boxes for me:

• Easy to connect/charge
  • Looks good (especially the black)
  • Has plastic edges to prevent scratching
  • Reasonable price

I would totally get this if I was getting an Apple Watch (still undecided, leaning towards no for the first gen). It seems like it would make putting it on the charger every night less of a hassle, which is one reason I'm not super excited about the Apple Watch. I hate having one more thing to remember to charge all the time. This would fit in nicely on top of my dresser. I'd like to see a company make a wooden version of this. Maybe I could try making one with my Dremel. I actually don't think it would be very difficult, which is not what I usually ever say when it comes to any woodworking projects. This also seems like it would be fairly easy to 3D print.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I like the look of the HiRise much more than the Griffin WatchStand, which seems needlessly tall.

I usually choose products by technical specs and price, not a first impression, but first impressions are worth something too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.