Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevcube

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2020
Costco sells the Belkin Boost Charge Pro 3-in-1 for the same price; other places sell it for $150, but it's $100 for Costco members currently. Costco only sells it in white.

Advantages of the Belkin over this Twelve South product:

• 15W MagSafe charging
  • Power supply included
  • Apple Watch charger is on the side of the iPhone charger, instead of behind it.
  • Indentation for AirPods case makes it easier to align properly.
  • Round MagSafe makes it easy to mount phone in portrait or landscape mode; maybe the Twelve South does this, too, but it seems optimized for portrait.
I suppose the Twelve South has these advantages:

• Uses USB C, so you don't get yet another power brick if you already have a USB C charger.
  • Flat wireless charging base accommodates more devices, not just AirPods.
  • More compact design by putting the watch behind the phone.
  • Larger magnetic surface may hold phone better if your case has weak/no MagSafe magnets. I have had zero problems with my Mous Limitless 4.0 case on an iPhone 12 Pro, however.
I got two Belkin chargers last week for my wife and me. So far, we like them a lot. $150 would be a lot to pay, but $100 at Costco is pretty reasonable if you add up the cost of three separate chargers for iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods.
you convinced me to buy the 3-in-1 pad at no discount 😅

I just can't live knowing my devices aren't charging at their theoretical maximum so I needed that watch fast-charging.. even though I have a series 6 😅

oh well, planning to buy s8 this year

Archmage

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
Michigan, USA
I want a 3-in-one that supports all the latest features & with vertical phone: MagSafe charging x2 (for phone and AirPods), watch fast charging, and Nightstand Mode support.

As far as I know, this doesn’t exist.

CapitalIdea

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2022
No true MagSafe no sale, but otherwise decent that it has a place for Airpods without it being obviously FOR the smaller Airpods. That's what's turned me away from stands in the past because I personally am waiting for new AirPods Pro, but would like something that looks nice even without them and isn't an absurd price.

Reactions: Snake111

spcopsmac21

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009

Twelve South today announced the "HiRise 3" stand charger for iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods, priced at $99.99. The stand supports MagSafe-compatible charging and holds an iPhone 12 or later vertically, and also includes a charging puck for Apple Watch and a Qi charging mat on the base that supports AirPods or any Qi-compatible smartphone.

12S_HiRise3_LS15_HiRes.jpg

The HiRise 3 is available in black and white color options and requires a 20W USB-C power adapter, which is not included. Twelve South noted that the HiRise 3 has a minimal footprint and was designed to declutter bedside tables and desks, while propping up your iPhone to easily read incoming notifications.

12S_HiRise3_LS8.5_BeforeAfter_HiRes.jpg

In regards to charging, the HiRise 3 does not include an official MFi MagSafe charging puck or 15W wireless charging. Instead, it has a magnetic Qi stand with 7.5W wireless charging, as well as 3W for the Apple Watch charger and 5W for the charger on the base.

The HiRise 3 can be purchased today from Twelve South's website and from Amazon for $99.99.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Twelve South and Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Twelve South Launches New 'HiRise 3' Charger for iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods
So many companies makes far better options for far cheaper. Call this what it is, a paid advertisement piece ala macrumors. Why is this even an article on this website.

• Haha
Reactions: Alfredo_Delgado

seidelhd

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I bought this in December for $40 on Amazon.

HorstBockman

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2022
Slower charging is actually better for battery life.
I like the more compact design compared to Belkin's triple charger, but I can't justify spending more money.

Neil J. Squillante

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2017
New York, NY
In regards to charging, the HiRise 3 does not include an official MFi MagSafe charging puck or 15W wireless charging. Instead, it has a magnetic Qi stand with 7.5W wireless charging, as well as 3W for the Apple Watch charger and 5W for the charger on the base.

This is incorrect. The iPhone charger works only with MagSafe iPhones. The AirPods charger can charge older iPhones, which explains why it’s not indented in the shape of AirPods. It’s unclear whether the main charger charges at 10 watts or 7.5 watts as the article suggests.

Last edited:

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
I can’t believe it’s been this long and still nothing out there that‘s a combo which supports both MagSafe for an iPhone on a stand and a MagSafe for AirPods.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
I got a bamboo charger stand (made from bamboo) years ago. It uses your charging cables and watch charging puck and I have yet to find a better stand. It cost me £20 and charges my watch, phone airpods Pro and has apace for my iPad although I just pop my Apple Pencil 2 on it along with the Apple Remote. Keeps things neat.

urtules

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 08.20.33.png
Should I be concerned that one of their promo pictures suggests installing this in the bathroom next to a sink.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.