Twelve South Releases New 'Inspire' Candle as Small Tribute to the Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 17, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Last year, popular accessory maker Twelve South introduced a candle that promised to deliver a "New Mac" scent. The limited time product was so popular among Apple aficionados that it quickly sold out.

[​IMG]

Twelve South is back at it again this year with a new "Inspire" candle, which it refers to as Mac candle N°2. Made from 100 percent soy wax, it is said to give off strong notes of bergamot, lemon, and tarragon.

This year's candle won't smell like a freshly unboxed MacBook. Rather, Twelve South says each scent profile was chosen for its ability to help clear your mind of clutter and stimulate creativity in the home or office.

Twelve South said the new candle is a "small tribute to the Mac," and it shared a quote from late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
    The candle is available for $29.99 on Twelve South's website in the United States. It has an approximate burn time of 60-70 hours.

Article Link: Twelve South Releases New 'Inspire' Candle as Small Tribute to the Mac

2. stukdog macrumors 6502

3. Avieshek Suspended

Avieshek

4. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

50 cents an hour for nostalgia and inspirational, creativity-stimulating nirvana, seems like a bargain..... :D
    But seriously, I do love many of Twelve South's well though-out and painstakingly designed products.

5. ArneK macrumors regular

30 bucks for a candle. Some people must have too much money!

6. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

I don’t go to movies and don’t drink beer. I’ve got tons of money for candles!

7. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

I really think some of their products are ridiculous ... but that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. ignatius345 macrumors 68020

Maybe donate $30 to the charity of your choice before flushing it down the toilet like this.

9. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

I'm hoping Twelve South will do something similar when the iPhone X goes on sale - the scent of a melting credit card. What a time to be alive.

10. SynPiekarza macrumors newbie

Now you can light a candle in memory of Mac Mini

11. anson42 macrumors 6502

I thought the original was an April Fools joke and this one, too, except we're in Oct. More power to TwelveSouth if they can sell out the batch! However, I'm looking forward to more products I would actually buy :)

12. nutmac macrumors 601

$30 price tag isn't as bad as uninspired (no pun intended) design and busy wordings.

13. JustinKent macrumors newbie

JustinKent

I own the original candle and I really like it. It was a gift from somebody close to me, and when I use the candle, I think of that person. The "New Mac" scent makes for a cool conversation piece.

It's embarrassing the way people on this forum rant on so many products as pointless and expensive. Instead of tearing down the people who made it or would buy it, why not simply choose to move on, without detracting from others?

Another Steve Jobs quote: "By the way, what have you done that's so great? Do you just criticize others work and belittle their motivations?" Many of these ranters clearly have never created a product themselves, and a lot of them also appear to be broke curmudgeons that don't get much enjoyment out of life.

14. Rocco83 macrumors 6502

More often than not, when donating to a charity most of the money never finds the "cause". One could simply spend their money on what they want and enjoy without your ridicule.

Some people believe paying the Apple tax is flushing money down the toilet. Obviously most here do not. If you cannot afford $30 for a candle why hate those that can.

15. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

16. KrispE00 macrumors regular

I glanced at the title and thought “Oh, a HomeKit candle.”

17. M.PaulCezanne macrumors 6502a

M.PaulCezanne

Better to have dried bergamot, lemon, and tarragon in a bowl or vase. Candles suck the oxygen out of the air, which stifles creativity, and are a fire risk (don't need more of those in greater Silicon Valley). Cheaper too.

18. splogue macrumors 6502

splogue

Agreed. It is all about priorities. Yours may not match mine, and that's okay.

$30 is mid-range for a good candle.

Sean

19. ArneK macrumors regular

Obviously you can spend your money for whatever. I was just very surprised by the pricing. What’s an expensive candle then?

20. splogue macrumors 6502

splogue

Good question!

I have a couple that were around $60, which is what I would consider high-end. One was a gift from a dear friend, which is nice because I think of her when I see it. Many of my candles are around $25-30, but I have others that are less.

I like them, and they are a priority for me. Someone else might think nothing about spending $120 to drink beer and play pool one night. Just different priorities - we all have them.

Sean

21. Braderunner macrumors 6502a

Twelve South: What else can we sell Apple Fans? These people will buy anything!
    Apple Fan: The wick is included! What a deal! Just in time for the holidays, too!

22. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

Does anyone know if I can still find the original Mac Candle somewhere? It's discontinued.

23. dannys1 macrumors 68020

dannys1

Yes. Yes it is.

Chose any post - and you want, click on it and read the top comments - every single one will be negative and moaning.

It's not even anti Apple stuff either, it's anti anything and everybody. This forum must be full of the most miserable people on earth.

24. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

Sadly I am finding this to be true for almost anything on the internet that allows people to comment. Sad really.

25. gatearray macrumors 65816

Light a candle for the Mac, just as you might light a candle in a church for the dead.