Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twitter Support has acknowledged a bug causing unexpected account logouts on iOS 15, promising that its teams are working on a fix and that it'll keep users updated on when it's resolved.

Twitter-Feature.jpg

Posts on Twitter over the last several hours have shown users experiencing the bug, with some sharing frustrations that the app is requiring them to log back into Twitter upon every app launch. While some of the reports lack the specificity that the bug is happening on iOS devices, it seems likely to be the case following the acknowledgment from Twitter itself.

Users impacted by the bug are advised to ensure they're running the latest Twitter version from the App Store and monitor the company's support account for updates.

Article Link: Twitter Investigating Bug Causing Unexpected Logouts on iOS 15

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I wish Twitter would get replaced by something else now. I don't like these web companies dominating for ever - it was better in the early dates of social media where the platform would change every 3 years - gives them less power, keeps them on their toes. We've had Twitter dominate for 14 years now!

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
I wish Twitter would get replaced by something else now. I don't like these web companies dominating for ever - it was better in the early dates of social media where the platform would change every 3 years - gives them less power, keeps them on their toes. We've had Twitter dominate for 14 years now!
I don't see how Twitter's popularity affects you, if anything, Twitter is way more casual than say Facebook. Dunno what kind of power you're referring to. Your comment makes zero sense

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I don't see how Twitter's popularity affects you, if anything, Twitter is way more casual than say Facebook. Dunno what kind of power you're referring to. Your comment makes zero sense

i just don't like the same web companies being around for 12+ years. It's not healthy to have a monopoly. Bebo lasted 3 years, MySpace took over and last 3 years - Facebook also could do with going, but they and Twitter cracked making money and there's no chance of anyone ever coming up again now. If you want to part take in social media you HAVE to have an account on those two platforms now, there is no legitimate secondary choice - Twitter is a cesspit too but that's more a reflection of humans than anything.

Reactions: decypher44

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I've always had to sign in to Chase every time I use it. Isn't that a security feature and not a bug?
If you have Face ID enabled within the Chase Bank app, it should just log you in automatically when opening the App. That's how it worked all thru iOS 14.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
That's odd. I don't have the problem and noticed there's a pending update for the Twitter app.

I've turned off automatic update's because there's a good chance the bug is in the latest version of the app released yesterday. Suggesting that people update to the latest version when a problem starts happening seems suspect.

Reactions: djbuddha

WB2Colorado

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
Durango, Colorado
This has been happening to me ever since iOS 15 was in beta. It’s gotten better— I used to get logged out every couple hours now it only happens every few weeks. I’ve actually switched to using Tweetbot most of the time because of this bug

AJTC

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012
This had been driving me crazy since the summer so I deleted the app and switched to Tweetbot. No more annoying notifications for things I’m not interested in either.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
I wish Twitter would address the issue that no notification sounds get played since yesterday. Super annoying to miss important tweets because of this. And many people seem to be affected.

Reactions: darrylcn

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I’m not getting logged out. But for the last couple of days( (maybe more?), when I touch a link to Twitter from a Mail message, I’m not taken to the tweet but to a blank screen that read “Nothing to see here - yet.”

Anyone else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.