Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaved Kitty

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
U.S.A.
can someone help me?!?!

Two 2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon or Two 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

what are the differences? how much more do i get with the 2.93? I use the machine for modeling and rendering... that's sex for me.

Boneoh

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2009
So. Cal.
I didn't

I didn't go for the faster, just went for the 2 x 2.26

I am spending the money on an SSD drive and more memory. And more software, too. It will be interesting to see some real benchmarks coming out soon as we start getting these boxes. I suspect that the difference in processor speed won't mean that much to me. Seems that the SSD and more memory would be a better investment.

But if money is not an issue, why not? :)

Shaved Kitty

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
U.S.A.
i was asking about computer questions.....

back to the topic. by the way, i am not a kid.

new mac pro - 2.66 vs 2.93

come on guys

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
What now? I get a Mac Pro three months sooner than I thought.

I think we can all agree that it doesn't matter that I was wrong in this case.:D

Steve Jobs read your thread while on the hospital bed and with his fist clenching up high said to himself, "I'll show you Tallest Skill.. I'll show them all!"

End of scene.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Steve Jobs read your thread while on the hospital bed and with his fist clenching up high said to himself, "I'll show you Tallest Skill.. I'll show them all!"

End of scene.

Well, I did e-mail him wishing him well...

... and I linked him to the Gainestown Mac Pro thread, telling him laugh at us and say, "They don't have a clue!"

Looks like he took me to heart.

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
Dear Tallest Skil,

Because of your kind words, I have decided to ruin the Mac Pro line while complying with your basic wishes. I hate you, and everyone who likes getting what they pay for. Every night for the last year, I raged myself to sleep thinking about all of the people who were getting a product with a reasonable price. NO MORE, my body cannot take it.

Thanks,

SJ

:D

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Dear Tallest Skil,

Because of your kind words, I have decided to ruin the Mac Pro line while complying with your basic wishes. I hate you, and everyone who likes getting what they pay for. Every night for the last year, I raged myself to sleep thinking about all of the people who were getting a product with a reasonable price. NO MORE, my body cannot take it.

Thanks,

SJ

:D

Yep, that's a good paraphrase of my response from him. ;)

Tallest Skil,

what are you getting. 2.66?

Eight-core 2.93.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.