Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
I have a prediction to offer up. In a nutshell: There have been many conflicting reports across the web. Some say thinner with no camera, others say thicker with GPS and a better battery and videochat. Some say $199, others say $699. There was another instance in which reports were opposite: The Beat Goes On. Some said the click wheel would stay, others said it would be all touch screen like the iPhone. It turned out they were all right, they just didn't know both were coming. I think we are witnessing the same thing. And the invite "A landmark event: in more ways than one" is really foreshadowing of two phones, and all Apple invites highlight the main focus in the invite. Just Like "There's Something in the Air" meant MacBook Air, and "The Beat Goes On" meant new iPods, and "Showtime" meant Movies on iTunes, I think that "A Landmark Event: In More ways than One" is indicative of two iPhones.

The high end model will come with video conference, be thicker, and priced high (599-200 subsidy=399), while the low end model will be cheap (399-200=199), thinner, etc. This would corrolate with all the conflicting rumors, and allow Apple to easily match the 10 million sales goal, which they are extremely confident they will do, despite being way behind now.

So what do you guys think? Am I right, or not?

BlakTornado

Apr 24, 2007
Washington, OH
agreed.
there are some people who dont like the iPhone.

and i dont know how they sleep at night.

Or people who just care about Macs more than the iPhone, which is really over-rated. Sure, it's a great phone but why the big fuss? Barely anyone has one. It's not like iPods... and now the iPod is being neglected, and so is the Mac, because of the iPhone.

Sure, I want and iPhone, but I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about it all the time, and how Apple is pretty much focusing all it's efforts on it now, when they should be focusing more on Macs.

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
Or people who just care about Macs more than the iPhone, which is really over-rated. Sure, it's a great phone but why the big fuss? Barely anyone has one. It's not like iPods... and now the iPod is being neglected, and so is the Mac, because of the iPhone.

Sure, I want and iPhone, but I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about it all the time, and how Apple is pretty much focusing all it's efforts on it now, when they should be focusing more on Macs.

calm yourself.
i meant it as a joke.

i personally think that you are right.
iPhones have been said to be the world's biggest gimic.

it's up to the buyer themselves to decide whether they like it or not.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
why would apple have a helicopter. steve has a private jet.

that's like saying if a company is worth over $1 billion, which is many, they should have a helicopter :eek:

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
The "Landmark" ad was for WWDC, not the keynote speech. WWDC is a developer conference, where programmers and such get together and attend panels, classes, and just in general get help with their programming code and practices. This year WWDC is changing in one major way: rather than just being about Mac programming, it is now *also* about iPhone programming.

That was what the two bridges represent.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
I have a prediction to offer up. In a nutshell: There have been many conflicting reports across the web.

Not really about the poster though. Even if you saw 2 models, it's most likely the OSX Leopard and OS iPhone reason. Jobs will probably touch over this.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Because the bay definitely has two Golden Gate Bridges, right?

Sorry to report: The San Francisco Bay Area has at least (9+) bridges. The Golden Gate Bridge, The Bay Bridge, The Richmond-San Rafael Bridge, The Carquinez Bridge, The Dumbarton Bridge, The San Mateo Bridge, The Benicia Bridge, The 3rd Street Bridge, The Alameda Bridge and there's probably more, but I'm shorting out trying to get them all written down. :eek:

LiveForever

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2007
Its a bit like all these supposed holy books which have been holding the human race to ransom for 1000's of years. If you see what you want you can interpret anyway you like.

There Shall be Two great machines from the company working under the symbol of the fruit fallen from the tree in the garden of eden.

They shall allow a human to speak to anyone, even if they be greater than 1000 cubits away from where he is without shouting.

They will have an engine so powerful as to know where every human is upon the face of this earth and then to guide them whilst they listen to the most glorious angelic music.

It will be so and they shall be good.

MattGTO

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
Mckinney, Texas
why would apple have a helicopter. steve has a private jet.

that's like saying if a company is worth over $1 billion, which is many, they should have a helicopter :eek:

According to a survey done in 1999, 72% of all companies with a net worth of $1Billion or more have at least two helicopters.

MattGTO

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
Mckinney, Texas
Sorry to report: The San Francisco Bay Area has at least (9+) bridges. The Golden Gate Bridge, The Bay Bridge, The Richmond-San Rafael Bridge, The Carquinez Bridge, The Dumbarton Bridge, The San Mateo Bridge, The Benicia Bridge, The 3rd Street Bridge, The Alameda Bridge and there's probably more, but I'm shorting out trying to get them all written down. :eek:

Because the bay definitely has two Golden Gate Bridges, right?

:D

Mad Mac Maniac: Its actually 74.3, but who counts lol. I was kidding about the statistic BTW. :)

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Sorry to report: The San Francisco Bay Area has only one (1) Golden Gate Bridge. I specified the name of the bridge in question in that post that you quoted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.