Two Finger cntrl-click on 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jarrodtb, Feb 29, 2008.

1. jarrodtb macrumors member

I just bought a new MBP tonight.. upgrading from a G4 PB.

I am finding that the two finger alternate click isnt working... and upon googling the problem saw posts back in 2006, when the first MBP's came out this was an issue in the 15' lines. People wrote hacks to fix it...

My question is this... with the new multitouch trackpads... would those hacks still be usable? Is there a better way to get the two finger cntrl-click? Sorry if this is a dead horse... it's the first I've known of it and googling only left me with those questions...

Thanks for any help.

2. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Is it turned on? When i first got my MBP i had to turn it on. Go to system Preference -> then mouse and keyboard -> trackpad -> towards the bottom you should be able to check mark the box with two finger secondary click.

-JoE

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Two-finger "right click" is built-in. Are you sure you enabled it?

System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Trackpad, then check "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click"

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i'm using mine right now..
    you have to turn it on first through system preference

5. jarrodtb thread starter macrumors member

thanks...

I was absolutely staring right at it... :p

thanks for the help.

6. gothamm macrumors 6502a

is there any way to disable the control+mouse button right click?

I use excel in vista via vmware fusion, and I really need the control key to select specific cells. All it ends up doing is right clicking, even in windows :(

I really hope someone has a work around for this.

7. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

This is something that I did not think about, I use that feature in Excel and a bunch of different programs all the time. How does it work in the Mac version of Excel? I even use this in iTunes all the time.

P.S. sorry I did not answer your question, but hopfully someone will answer for both of us. :)

8. gothamm macrumors 6502a

In OS X you can select specific items with the command key. unfortunately, the command key has no purpose in windows, so I am restricted to the control key, which ends up right clicking the darn pointer.