Two iTunes Accounts

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greytmom, Jan 25, 2011.

1. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

So, I've looked around and haven't seen this addressed. I'm going to eventually have a Pro with SSD and HDD. I'm going to have OSX and Windows 7 on the SSD. I want to have both iTunes libraries on the HDD. How? (In non-techy language, please.)

2. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

you need to make two partitions on the ssd i would recommend fat32 because both os:s recognize it and can read and wright on it. then just move the itunes folders to the ssd (see move itunes folder location) and enjoy your ssd with the itunes media on it.

3. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

But I wanted both iTunes accounts on the HDD, if possible. They are both decent sized libraries, maybe 50GB each. Really don't want that on the SSD because I don't want to spend a fortune on a high capacity one.

4. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

oh sorry. just move the libraries to the hdd in you macbook pro. its more or less the thing as having them on an external drive. so see tutorial "move itunes library to external HDD"

5. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

Ok, can't do that now at work, but will take a peek when I get home. I thought I wouldn't be able to do so with TWO separate iTunes accounts.

Thanks!

6. Arinoth macrumors newbie

It's quite simple. When starting iTunes, hold down option (OS X) or shift (Windows). iTunes will then prompt you to choose an iTunes library. Select "Create Library..." and place it wherever you want. Import media, and you're done.

You can also move an already existing iTunes library to another location with this trick.

7. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

o think you can have as many accounts as you like. it doesn't matter. it like having many users on one pc