Typing this on my new iPad pro!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

Not sure what is going to get more use yet, this or my air 2. I didn't get the keyboard yet cause I have a MacBook Pro. Still undecided. This screen is gorgeous. Do you all recommend the keyboard and pencil? Also, what apps take advantage of this huge screen?

2. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I really like the keyboard. Cannot stand typing on a touch screen. I need the feedback to know I am hitting the right key.

The pencil is amazing to use. Unfortunately I have no artistic skills but in other threads you can see some of the amazing creations that are being done on IPP with the Apple Pencil.

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I have the apple keyboard and pencil and now I couldn't do without either. The keyboard and Silcone back cover is an amazing combo for me. Pencil is great that I can barely put it down and has got me into sketches when I have never bothered before. I'm crap but i can only get better ha

4. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I have only downloaded the basic apps that i use on my phone so interested in exploring the app store.

Especially from a gaming, time killing aspect as well

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah I'm the same, not downloaded any extra apps apart from noteabilty and thats it. Need to look around for the best apps to take advantage of this extra power

6. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I can't seem to find the right hub for that. The app section of this forum is ok. Reddit is solid and I've just been using the App Store essentials and such to get an idea.

7. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's just so big I'm not so sure about it yet. Did you all eventually adjust and find the best way to use it?

8. Capt T macrumors 6502a

http://toucharcade.com

Believe it is a sister site to this one as there are links to it at the bottom of the site.

9. double329 macrumors 6502

10. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

This is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

11. bnmcj1 macrumors 6502

The iPad Pro is too small for me. Would like 15 inch.

12. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

You just wait. Someday there will be an iPad pro plus

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I think you should get a keyboard for your iPP. Logitech keyboard is the best. I am looking at Logitech Key to Go it will work with all iDevices include Apple TV 4.

14. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Love the keyboard from Apple, Logitech seems too heavy to me.

15. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

That Logitech keyboard is a monstrosity. Super heavy and bulky but some can deal with that for a backlit keyboard combo.

The new magic keyboard by Apple is fantastic combo and easily portable. I use it with the Apple silicon and Smart Cover combo.

16. Fthree macrumors 6502a

The apple keyboard is great! You don't always have to type on it but if you need it it's there and makes a nice cover

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah you can use it as a smart cover stand if you wish

18. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

Any of you guys use your Pro "naked", without a case? Just trying tonight and liking how light(er) it is.

19. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I have tried it a few times but after selling my air 2 and not getting full value due to a few scratches I will always use a case now.

20. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

Which case do you use?

21. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

silcone case for the back with the smart keyboard.

22. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

I have a very thin inexpensive smart "case" (covers front and rear), just to keep down any scratches. I love it, it's light and still offers a minor degree of protection. I use a Bluetooth Apple keyboard, the old one before the magic keyboard, and have that keyboard in an origami case that works awesome with the IPP (even left in the smart case) when I need to use an external keyboard. All of this is carried in a messenger type bag that I've had a few years and has carried all my past IPads/keyboards/phones/cables. I have an inexpensive film screen protector that looks and feels just like the screen glass (just put this on to protect from any grit scratches that could occur from using outdoors).
    I really love my set up, sure there's a ton of cases that offer great protection (but are bulky) and there are many keyboards that function as cases, but I really wanted the feel/weight/etc. of the IPP with just a tiny bit of protection from scratches.

23. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

It took me about two weeks to bond with my iPP. But now, it seems normal to use it. And I wouldn't give up these speakers!

The Apple silicone case and Smart Keyboard are protective and give the iPP a real luxury feel.

And just this morning I was reading one of my art magazines on it--gorgeous!

24. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

Me too. I also have the Logitech Create (was going to send it back but missed the return window). You get a better typing experience on the Logitech but it makes it too heavy. The Apple keyboard would be perfect if it was backlit. I can't understand why they didn't make it backlit? Seems an easy thing to do.