U.K. iPhone Stock Levels

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CD3660, Nov 1, 2007.

1. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

We have just 8 days to wait until we have the opportunity to get our hands on this wondrous object, but do we have any idea of availability?

My own gut feeling is that stock levels will be sufficient to meet demand over the launch weekend, just like in the U.S.A., but this is just a feeling, nothing more than a guess really.

Has anyone heard how much stock is being allocated to the various outlets?

If so, please post here.

2. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

cant see them having shed loads - prolly around 30-40 units per shop - launch of handets like sony and lg usually send out around 10-12 units to our store so 30-40 is strestching it for o2 stores. cpw will prolly have more units as will apple.

3. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

I would hope that Apple stores will have hundreds, otherwise there are going to be a lot of frustrated people!

4. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

My local CPW in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire (relatively small store) said they'd been told they were getting 'around 80', make of that what you will!

-Leemo

5. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Thanks Leemo. If that is a reliable figure I'd be amazed if there will be any difficulty picking one up over the launch weekend.

6. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

yeah it would be graeat if they did have that many! goodluck to u all :-d

7. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

8. sneeks macrumors 6502a

A member of staff from the Apple Store Glasgow told me tonight that they will have plenty of stock available on launch day, his exact words were "more than enough to go around".

They have not finalized the details for launch day but he said the UK Apple stores will do so on Sunday when they hold a staff meeting. He anticipates the store will be open from 6pm untill 10pm, possibly midnight dependent upon demand. For more details possibly ask at a local Apple store from Monday onwards.

9. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Looking good then. I assume that all Apple stores will be in the same position.

I really don't want to queue, particularly after a full day's work!

10. metoo6000 macrumors regular

Sweet... then I will join the queue around 5:30pm. :D

11. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

I think if you go to an apple store you will be fine. Thats my plan anyway.

12. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Spoke to the Cheadle (Cheshire) branch of CPW today about stock levels. They said that they will have 50 for launch night (which will start at 6.00pm and finish at 8.00pm), and more arriving on Saturday. It's an average sized shop so I was a bit disappointed.

13. Project macrumors 68020

I think I am going to have to queue early on Friday... perhaps from about 5pm. The Leopard queues scared me. The iPhone market is potentially 10 times bigger than the Leopard market.

14. alFR macrumors 68020

Any updates?

As we're 1 day away now....

Anyone got any more (reliable) details on how many units the Apple stores will have tomorrow? Still not decided what time to go. :)

15. ne0star macrumors regular

Well the shop you plan on buying from should have their stock now so should be able to give you an exact figure. I'm going to phone my local o2 shop up later to see how many they have.

16. zed2 macrumors 6502a

my local shop doesn't have it's stock yet... they are not expecting it until Friday!.. they did however say that they are expecting to be able to restock during Friday night if necessary. So I guess that means some trunks running around with stock ready to drop off at shops that report running out.

17. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I'd say that's probably the other way around. Leopard was a much bigger deal as that's cheaper and affects more people.

Due to the tariffs etc I'd say demand will be high but not huge.

I'll be at the Manchester Apple store. There's an O2 and a CPW in the same building too :)

18. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Stock level

Local o2 store in Liverpool City Centre said to me this morning they have had a delivery of 400, so stock seems plentiful!

Enjoy folks!

19. ibanana macrumors 6502

20. ne0star macrumors regular

Just got off the phone with my local O2 store and they won't be selling it tomorrow as they couldn't get permission to keep the shopping centre its in open.

So I phoned my local carphonewarehouse which is also close, and the guy said he was happy to reserve one for me, so I gave him my name, and he said he would put one aside?

I just live in a small town, so I don't think stock will be a problem, but it can't hurt.

He asked if I understood the terms and conditions, and reiterated the information with regards to only being able to pay by card.

21. snapper07 macrumors 6502

snapper07

just popped into a local cpw in central london and he said that he has taken pre orders of 20 and is taking no more orders and also said he's not sure if they will get any more in on friday!!!??
    sound like a small number to me oh well am going to the Holborn 02 shop quite big should have plenty any one been in there and got any info on it?

22. bumfilter macrumors regular

I've been told 250 for the Lisburn store. No idea why so many in comparison to other stores.

23. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Perhaps he's trying to put people off and planning to shut the shop early! ;)

24. 7jjm macrumors newbie

Has anyone heard about the stock levels at the Apple Store in Southampton, or generally any other Apple Stores (apart from the big ones in London!)

Thanks

25. si3000999 macrumors member

just of the phone with o2 and hey told me they would be getting in no more than 100??
    hopefully there will be enough to go around.