Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
any idea when the new touch bar models will be available to pickup in U.K. Retail stores?

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
When you adjust the specs the earliest any have come up with store pick up is 28 Dec.

However that doesn't mean they won't get deliveries this week or next or that their partners won't.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
When you adjust the specs the earliest any have come up with store pick up is 28 Dec.

However that doesn't mean they won't get deliveries this week or next or that their partners won't.
So online order is probably the quickest way to get it then.

iStockNow

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
We just added UK to the macbook watch after reading this :)

Rest of europe is coming. Nothing (yet, needs a redesign) in the store popup regarding MacBooks, but you can rely on the red/green flag.

hfletcher

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
UK
My local premium reseller said it would be a 'few weeks' until they got the touch bar models in. Whatever that means.
They don't even have any demo units. :(

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
I'd guess around the 14th of December as the earliest. Though whenever they get them it'll likely be very limited stock, a few SKU's per store kind of thing. Going to be early next year before you can walk in and get one without fear of disappointment.

ccglows

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
I'd guess around the 14th of December as the earliest. Though whenever they get them it'll likely be very limited stock, a few SKU's per store kind of thing. Going to be early next year before you can walk in and get one without fear of disappointment.

The US already has them in some stores though?

justinl01

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2014
London
But no in in the UK has a Touch yet, only way of knowing is phoning up the stores direct and asking would imagine a few more weeks though.

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
The US already has them in some stores though?

Everywhere is showing "available to pickup" on 3rd January here, even Reagent Street. Most of the stores still don't have them out in their little glass cages, also, their in freaken glass cages, stock is clearly constrained! So I'm just speculating as per the OP's question, as nobody knows except Apple...

marcopolo007uk

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
Ive been holding out ordering the new MacBook Pro as I couldn't decide between 13" or 15". Just want to hold them both before making a decision. (Local store has 13" non TBs but not 15")

Anyone seen them both in UK store yet?

UnluckyXIII

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2014
Nothing in the two stores "near" me, seems strange considering have readily available they are in the States yet no one in Europe seems to have even received a pre-order yet :(

ahoydecoy

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Do you think they will get them in this week, considering the first UK deliveries are due any time between tomorrow and Friday?

MOASLON

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2016
London
Guys most stores should have the TB in stores on display (not behind the glass) on wednesday. So there's a high chance that they will also have stock

ahoydecoy

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
I just tried calling Regent Street to check. They seemed to have no idea what I was trying to ask and just said the new ones can only be bought online for the next few months. I then asked if they had display units, they put me on hold and I waited just to see what they'd say. Was on hold for nine minutes and then the call got cut off...

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
I have also heard that Wednesday will be the day for walk in MacBook Pro touchbar sales. Good luck everybody!

I'll be checking the website at 8am every morning. Probably pop into my local store, Bluewater, on Tuesday and Wednesday just in case they have them but not online to reserve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.