U.K.--> Who is buying on Launch Day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CD3660, Nov 3, 2007.

?

Are you buying on launch day?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2007.
  1. Yes, from an Apple Store.

46 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Yes, from an O2 outlet.

26 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Yes, from a CarPhoneWarehouse shop.

13 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. No, but I may buy one later.

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. No, I do not intend to buy an iPhone.

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

With 6 days to go, people must have made up their minds whether they are going to buy on launch day.

It would be interesting to have some idea of the numbers, and also whether people are going to an Apple Store, an O2 outlet, or a CPW.

Get posting everyone!

2. Moleshome macrumors member

Of course I'll be there on launch day.

Most likely at O2 but I might go to Apple.

3. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'll probably find myself in a CPW just by coincidence.

5. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

We know that a number of people have one already. This poll is primarily to see how crazy it might get next Friday evening! :)

6. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I will be and probably at an Apple store. Only because I have never been at an Apple launch of anything and want to experience it just once.

7. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Most likely a O2 or CPW, don't have a Apple Store yet, when the one in Exeter opens i'll be up there to get everything

8. Smog macrumors regular

Apple store for me, theres 3 CPW and 2 o2 stores within a five minute walk from the apple store, but ive never been to an apple store on launch :)

9. sneeks macrumors 6502a

10. marcol macrumors regular

O2 or CPW. I'll wander to check queue lengths when I get into town at 5.30 or so. I hope there will be extra supplies for O2 and CPW shops that don't have an Apple store within a hundred miles.

11. roblawton macrumors 6502

I can't wait to get mine from the apple store!

I could get one from an o2 or cpw store here in my home town, but I want to be at the apple store in Trafford Centre to experience the build up, the release, and walking out of the store with my iPhone bag in hand... :D

12. alFR macrumors 68020

Apple store for me - will go on the 9th and buy one unless the demo ones have the "negative blacks" issue, in which case I'll wait.

13. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

I'm planning on going to a CPW shop purely for convenience, it's only 5 mins from my work, and has ample parking. However if there is a huge queue, or they sell out I have several other options. :)

14. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Have they not ironed out this issue by now :confused:

15. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

Got one already

Bought mine already just over 2 months, unlocked and hacked and running 25 applications (lush) No problems, no bricking issues.

Currently with Orange 'pay monthly only'
    £35 pm = 1000 anytime anywhere minutes + unlimited Texts and free evening and weekend Internet browsing.

The future is indeed bright :)

16. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

17. page3 macrumors 6502

Yes.

We need a 'Yes - but I haven't decided where from' voting option.

Apple Store - only one near is Regent Street which will be packed. Could go to the pub until after 9 and then wander down :)

O2 - no stores nearby. Plenty via the Underground.

Carphone Warehouse. Store fairly near but didn't seem sure as to how long they were staying open, what time I should get there, if being on 'the list' reserved me one or not...

I'll decide on Friday...but I'm sure the Apple Store will be the most exciting...

18. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

CD3660, you know that I am. All my base belong to the Trafford Centre.

19. sparkyms macrumors 65816

If my student loan comes through that lets me pay off the Three Contract, yeah I'll be getting it. Here's hoping!!!

20. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

I'm going to be going to whichever place I'm closest to at the time.

21. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I have an 02 and CPWH Store right next to each other in my town, so i'll get in which ever line is shorter at the time. I'm going straight from school at 3.10PM, so hopefully, i'll be one of the first in line.

22. Persifleur macrumors member

I haven't decided yet. There's a CPW 5 mins walk from my work which is the sensible option. But I'm a sucker for the Apple Store, so I'll probably sneak out of work early to brave the hordes at Regent's Street. The eternal struggle of instant gratification vs. the Apple Store...

23. Stonie24 macrumors newbie

picking mine up at :apple:store on Regents St. Will there be a limit on how many you can get? I may have to pick up 3 :)

24. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I am assuming your being sarcastic?

You can only have a maximum of 2 iphones and can only pay for them by card!

And for all we know the shops that have iPhones may ONLY be selling each person 1 on the first night to make sure as many people get a chance to get one as is possible!

I have to be honest if the O2 contract was not so rubbish I would buy a UK iPhone and sign up.

The fact is Apple's updates and the fact that if it goes wrong I can just go to an Apple store and get it swapped there and then are big advantages over all other phone manufacturers.

Other companies update firmware but they don't add features - just improve what is there already! and if my Nokia goes wrong then I will have to wait 2 weeks to send it to them and get it repaired!

As it is I have a US iPhone that is unlocked and JB'd vers.1.1.1 and I would certainly consider upgrading the firmware to 1.1.2 when it has been tested to get all the local UK settings!

25. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I'll be waiting until June next year.

Only one reason, I'm stuck with a Vodafone contract until then, and I'll be dammed if I'm going to be paying two monthly contracts. Still you never know, by June there may be a 3G iPhone with more storage by then.