U2 album

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juturna67, Sep 11, 2014.

1. juturna67 macrumors newbie

How do I remove this from my phone? I already "hid" it by going to the iTunes store, quick links, purchased etc. I still shows up on my list of songs(with a cloud and arrow by the name) on my phone, not iTunes.

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Needs to be done in iTunes. You will get an Alert asking if you want to remove it from the cloud.

3. juturna67 thread starter macrumors newbie

How? The songs don't show up on iTunes.

4. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

5. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

You have to manually download it. It just appears in your album list- I'd hardly call that 'forcing'.

6. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Bro, its just music. Give it a listen... if you don't like it just delete it. Swipe and delete... simple. It's not like removing a flat tire, or a squatter in your home.

You ever do those free downloads at Starbucks? Most are terrible so I just delete after download.

7. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

removing a squatter from your home can take years,they have more rights then the owner lol

8. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Too bad you can't just swipe and delete.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I genuinely lol'd.

To the OP, I did it in iTunes and it works that way. It's not a big inconvenience though, a few of the songs were OK.

10. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

It really SUCKS I have to turn off Show All Music on my iPhone to keep U2's crap off my iPhone. I hate U2 and I hate bono even more.

IMO This is worse than Windows forcing updates when shutting a computer down.

11. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I like the album and I'm glad they gave it to us. I probably wouldn't have listened to it otherwise. Now I listen to it all the time.

12. juturna67 thread starter macrumors newbie

I followed the instructions on the link provided earlier. They still show up even though I never downloaded the album.

13. F1 Fan, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

F1 Fan macrumors regular

F1 Fan

Probably being really dumb here but I can't see it anywhere! I'd like to give it a listen but it's not listed under albums on my Mac or my iPhone nor do U2 show up under artists. It's also not in the "Purchased" section in iTunes on my Mac.

I looked in the iTunes store and it's showing as "Purchased" but I can't see an option there to download it.

I checked for available downloads and it says that they've all been downloaded.

Any help please?

EDIT: Never mind, the link in post 5 helped. I needed to show iTunes in the cloud purchases.

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

I like U2s music. I think it's very nice that they gave away the album for free.

Ol' german saying goes: "Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul!" :)

15. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Yeah free music REALLY equates to THAT situation. :rolleyes:

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

Sounds like you really expierenced the true troubles of life.

17. mjschabow macrumors 65816

18. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I listened to it this morning at the gym and I like it. The only other U2 song I have on my iPhone is "With or Without You."

19. gugy macrumors 68030

It's a great album. Take the time to listen and you might like it. ;)

20. juturna67, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

juturna67 thread starter macrumors newbie

I get the nice gesture Apple is trying to do but if I was interested in listening to it, I would have downloaded it. I don't want it just showing up on my phone. I managed to remove all but 2 songs. I can't even swipe and delete them.

21. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

As a follower of U2 for almost 20 years and have seen them live back on the WAR tour,I have to say this album is just pure pop garbage. Where the rock band that I used to know. U2 is dead to me.

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

Funny how Windows never forced that on me over a couple of decades of using Windows.

23. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Really? You never had the automatica countdown start to restart with update install? Or shutdown/restart your computer and have it start installing updates?

----------

I just really hate U2.

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

Nope, I always set the settings to control the installation of updates myself.