U2 album

juturna67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
How do I remove this from my phone? I already "hid" it by going to the iTunes store, quick links, purchased etc. I still shows up on my list of songs(with a cloud and arrow by the name) on my phone, not iTunes.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
How do I remove this from my phone? I already "hid" it by going to the iTunes store, quick links, purchased etc. I still shows up on my list of songs(with a cloud and arrow by the name) on my phone, not iTunes.
Needs to be done in iTunes. You will get an Alert asking if you want to remove it from the cloud.

appleii.c

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2013
i hate how they forced it to the phone
Bro, its just music. Give it a listen... if you don't like it just delete it. Swipe and delete... simple. It's not like removing a flat tire, or a squatter in your home.

You ever do those free downloads at Starbucks? Most are terrible so I just delete after download.

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
Bro, its just music. Give it a listen... if you don't like it just delete it. Swipe and delete... simple. It's not like removing a flat tire, or a squatter in your home.

You ever do those free downloads at Starbucks? Most are terrible so I just delete after download.

removing a squatter from your home can take years,they have more rights then the owner lol

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
It really SUCKS I have to turn off Show All Music on my iPhone to keep U2's crap off my iPhone. I hate U2 and I hate bono even more.

IMO This is worse than Windows forcing updates when shutting a computer down.

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
I like the album and I'm glad they gave it to us. I probably wouldn't have listened to it otherwise. Now I listen to it all the time.

juturna67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
I followed the instructions on the link provided earlier. They still show up even though I never downloaded the album.

F1 Fan

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
UK
Probably being really dumb here but I can't see it anywhere! I'd like to give it a listen but it's not listed under albums on my Mac or my iPhone nor do U2 show up under artists. It's also not in the "Purchased" section in iTunes on my Mac.

I looked in the iTunes store and it's showing as "Purchased" but I can't see an option there to download it.

I checked for available downloads and it says that they've all been downloaded.

Any help please?

EDIT: Never mind, the link in post 5 helped. I needed to show iTunes in the cloud purchases.

Last edited:

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
I like U2s music. I think it's very nice that they gave away the album for free.

Ol' german saying goes: "Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul!" :)

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
It really SUCKS I have to turn off Show All Music on my iPhone to keep U2's crap off my iPhone. I hate U2 and I hate bono even more.

Yeah free music REALLY equates to THAT situation. :rolleyes:

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013

Sounds like you really expierenced the true troubles of life.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
I listened to it this morning at the gym and I like it. The only other U2 song I have on my iPhone is "With or Without You."

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
It's a great album. Take the time to listen and you might like it. ;)

juturna67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
It's a great album. Take the time to listen and you might like it. ;)
I get the nice gesture Apple is trying to do but if I was interested in listening to it, I would have downloaded it. I don't want it just showing up on my phone. I managed to remove all but 2 songs. I can't even swipe and delete them.

Last edited:

Anijake

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
As a follower of U2 for almost 20 years and have seen them live back on the WAR tour,I have to say this album is just pure pop garbage. Where the rock band that I used to know. U2 is dead to me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Funny how Windows never forced that on me over a couple of decades of using Windows.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Really? You never had the automatica countdown start to restart with update install? Or shutdown/restart your computer and have it start installing updates?

----------

I just really hate U2.
Nope, I always set the settings to control the installation of updates myself.