Hope Apple sues his sorry bottom

Last edited by a moderator:

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Hope Apple sues his sorry bottom!
Me too.

People are such scumbags for attention/money nowadays :rolleyes:

This guy deserves to get his ass handed to him by Apple for product defamation. Hope they get him for every penny of ad revenue he collected off that video and then some!

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Is there really anything he can say to refute this? It seems fairly obvious what happened.

It actually irks me to no end that an absolute nobody can tarnish the efforts of hundreds if not thousands of people who slaved over this device to make it as good as it can possibly be. Just a 5 minute YouTube video can affect the sales of one of the biggest companies in the world.

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Like I said in another thread, it was an obvious fake. they used camera tricks and lighting. the secret was it was the camera lens that was bending, not the phone, very tricky stuff.

WRONG!!

he bent the phone alright but he did it on already bent phone therefore it's structural integrity was already compromised.

Apple should sue him for every cent he's got!

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
I'm glad for the video.

Because of #bendgate we got to see all about Apples distress practices. All sorts of cool things we wouldn't have seen otherwise.

scrtagntman

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
He definitely should explain it. However, he still bent one in real time. It's not like he only showed a before and after the clocks indicate a swap out. Plus there are numerous other videos and accounts of it being able to bend intentionally with just your hands and perhaps unintentionally.

Like I've said since the beginning. The truth will come out regardless of what it is or what anyone wants. No need to get your panties all wrapped up. Just get some popcorn.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
as a proud scalper, this guy made me lose around $900.
iphone pluses are going for around $100-$150 less on craigslist since Tuesday.

Dislike him

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
WRONG!!

he bent the phone alright but he did it on already bent phone therefore it's structural integrity was already compromised.

Apple should sue him for every cent he's got!
oh, I thought everyone already knew that. Ya the phone was already bent from normal use, you didnt know that? He even said so ahead of time.

Wow...

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
as a proud scalper, this guy made me lose around $900.
iphone pluses are going for around $100-$150 less on craigslist since Tuesday.

Dislike him
Reviled as your scalping activities may be by many, your argument is one of the most rational things I've read on here today. :D

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I believe this guy is up to 10 million views, which netted him a nice profit of at least $200,000.

toxicity033

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I believe this guy is up to 10 million views, which netted him a nice profit of at least $200,000.
nah he's been well past that..he's at 35 million views right now.

anyway this timestamp think doesn't necessarily mean that it's "faked"

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
My mountain bike is made of aluminum.

It take a freaking beating and guess what? It does not bend while I GUARANTEE you it has a hell of a lot more forces applied to it than the iPhone ever(hopefully) will.

Your bike is made of aluminium probably 30x thicker than the iPhone and made of hollow square/circular sections.

If you know anything about mechanics you know what is the section modulus...

Now calculate the section modulus of a sheet of aluminium of less than half a millimetre thick and the one of a circular hollow section of at least 2mm

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Thanks for the correction. Still not bad. $66,000 for about an hour's worth of work.
No problem, helped me verify it as well so I'm happy you brought it up :)

Yeah, not bad at all though being able to make a years worth of salary simply by post a short, panic troll video.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
He could've filmed the bending first and actually bent a phone. Then filmed an intro with an unbent 6+ - would explain the time difference. Why film a whole intro if it didn't end up actually bending? He tried the bending first.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Your bike is made of aluminium probably 30x thicker than the iPhone and made of hollow square/circular sections.

If you know anything about mechanics you know what is the section modulus...

Now calculate the section modulus of a sheet of aluminium of less than half a millimetre thick and the one of a circular hollow section of at least 2mm
So I don't exert 30x more force on my bike when I jump 15 ft. Kickers?

Boeing 737 fuselage? Material and thickness? Please elaborate. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.