Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Got mine early this morning but been so busy all day and then had to go for my 1st COVID jab. Longest a new Apple item has sat unopened in 20 years :)

IMG_0528 2.JPG
IMG_0529.JPG

arohex

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2018
Got mine via DHL earlier today, came half hour earlier than my allotted hour time slot. Luckily I was home.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Recieved mine earlier and they work great.

Does anyone know if I can share the location on them with the wife? Would be good if we could share the tracking ability of the car keys.

no, and it’s bollocks

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Had the same experience here with a DHL delivery. The idiot posted it in the wrong letterbox like 10 houses down. Rung up their so called "customer service" and they basically called me a liar because the van was on the right street. The utter ****ing moron on the phone didn't seem to understand the difference between being on the right street and delivering to the right house.

I have a Nest doorbell so I knew for a fact the DHL bloke never arrived. They didn't wanna hear it. Just kept repeating that the GPS showed I'm wrong. I said no, the GPS shows the van was on my road. It cannot possibly show that it was delivered to my door. I know it wasn't because I have a camera on the front of my house.

Eventually I just straight up said: are you calling me a liar? She said no. I said you must be, because either you have to admit your driver made a mistake, or you have think I'm lying to you, so which is it? She couldn't really answer that so fell back to the script and even had the cheek to say "we don't have to deliver it to the right person." Wtf???

Luckily it worked out okay in the end, but no thanks to DHL. The seller must be used to DHL's incompetence because when I explained the problem they immediately reshipped my order no questions asked and I got it next day. Plus the person who got the original order came to my door a week later and handed it to me.

Still taught me a lesson about DHL I won't be forgetting.
They are unbelievable can’t think of why on earth apple use them. Bunch of crooks! Luckily Apple are amazing and sent me out another watch, got it 2 days before Xmas through another carrier. No issues, couldn’t be happier with it. I honestly was trying to look up his sleeve today to see if he had my watch on his wrist. Total liar. Couldn’t believe it! Oh well, that’s life I guess. At least he didn’t steal my Airtags! ? Loving them so far.. nice little gadget!

Reactions: Polly Mercocet

Roadster Lewis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2021
Coventry, UK
Got mine today, right at the end of the hour slot from DPD.

I ordered 2 with custom engraving, but there was no indication on the box which one was which, and they were sealed inside. Fortunatey I guessed the correct one. I can see how the logistics of engraving/packing/shipping has pushed out the delivery date.

Already tempted to get a few more, but I think I'll wait and see what else comes out with Find My compatibility built in.

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Got mine today, right at the end of the hour slot from DPD.

I ordered 2 with custom engraving, but there was no indication on the box which one was which, and they were sealed inside. Fortunatey I guessed the correct one. I can see how the logistics of engraving/packing/shipping has pushed out the delivery date.

Already tempted to get a few more, but I think I'll wait and see what else comes out with Find My compatibility built in.
Nice!! I wish I got an engraving now as the white part in my keyring looks weird and bare. Next ones I get will definitely be engraved with something!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.