Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Not sure if anyone is aware of this but Very are doing a 20% off offer on all Apple Watches with a discount code before 23/11.

Managed to snag a 38mm LTE Space Grey with a dark olive strap for £319 (when the cash back arrives) which is a bargain in my opinion.

This is only available on Buy Now Pay Later 12 months but of course you can pay it off in full anytime before that which is what I intend to do.

le.bouch

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Not sure if anyone is aware of this but Very are doing a 20% off offer on all Apple Watches with a discount code before 23/11.

Managed to snag a 38mm LTE Space Grey with a dark olive strap for £319 (when the cash back arrives) which is a bargain in my opinion.

This is only available on Buy Now Pay Later 12 months but of course you can pay it off in full anytime before that which is what I intend to do.
Have I understood the offer correctly..?

I choose (say) an Apple Watch at £429. Upon delivery they credit my account with 20% of the purchase price which is £86. I then get 12 months to pay off the balance of £343 before they start charging interest (39% APR, incidentally!)?

Seems a great deal...?

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Have I understood the offer correctly..?

I choose (say) an Apple Watch at £429. Upon delivery they credit my account with 20% of the purchase price which is £86. I then get 12 months to pay off the balance of £343 before they start charging interest (39% APR, incidentally!)?

Seems a great deal...?

Yup thats precisely what should happen or the latest is by 28/12 to get the credit put onto your account.
[doublepost=1510837958][/doublepost]@le.bouch You tempted?

Reactions: le.bouch

le.bouch

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Very tempted - pardon the pun. I bought something (Xbox, I think) through Very a few years ago and have to say I didn’t enjoy the experience. They’re like a modern-day Grattans catalogue and they bombarded me with marketing emails and texts after the event. Also delivery delays, I seem to recall. It is a good deal though, especially if you could stretch to a stainless steel model (I can’t :()

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Very tempted - pardon the pun. I bought something (Xbox, I think) through Very a few years ago and have to say I didn’t enjoy the experience. They’re like a modern-day Grattans catalogue and they bombarded me with marketing emails and texts after the event. Also delivery delays, I seem to recall. It is a good deal though, especially if you could stretch to a stainless steel model (I can’t :()

Yeah they are not exactly good when it comes to that stuff but a bargain is a bargain!

Jona330

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
Thanks for this.

I have just ordered a 42mm LTE Space Grey:D

Looking forward to seeing the improvement form the Series 0 I had. In between I have been using a Gear s3 which has been great, but I miss completing those damn rings:cool:

Reactions: daleski75

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
Yeah, I just spoke to the customer service - can’t withdraw the money that’s credited back so I’d have to spend it at Very.

Guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed for some other deals to pop up elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up anyway, OP.

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
For clarification spoke to Very Customer Services.

Tauriq
at 17:30, Nov 16:
Welcome to Very, how can I help you today?
Dale Kilborn
at 17:31, Nov 16:
Just a quick question, I have ordered an apple watch with the 20% credit
Dale Kilborn
at 17:31, Nov 16:
Can this credit be taken off the apple watch order?
Tauriq
at 17:33, Nov 16:
The credit will be applied to your account as it is a cashback offer.
Dale Kilborn
at 17:35, Nov 16:
And from there can I use the cash back to take money off the apple watch?
Tauriq
at 17:35, Nov 16:
Yes, most certainly Dale. With the cashback, you can use it to allocate towards the Apple watch.
Tauriq
at 17:36, Nov 16:
I hope this helps?
Dale Kilborn
It does yes this is what I was hoping I could do
Tauriq
I am very glad Dale, you are more than welcome to allocate the full cashback towards the item.
Dale Kilborn
at 17:37, Nov 16:
Will I get emailed once the cash back has been applid to the account?
Tauriq
Yes, you will be emailed with confirmation as soon as the credit has been applied to your account.
happy.png

Dale Kilborn
Thank you

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
Ah, I think I’ve just got myself totally confused.

So the credit that gets applied to your account - you simply use this against the money you owe on the rest of the buy now pay later scheme?

I don’t know why that was so hard for me to understand. I was thinking along the lines of you buy it, they give 20% credit back which you can then put towards another order (but not withdraw back to your bank account).

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

le.bouch

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010

Just want to say thanks again for the heads-up on this.
I just ordered a 42mm LTE Space Grey with Sport Loop. This was the kick I needed!

Just one question. I put in the code as directed and it did apply the ‘12 mths pay later’ automatically to the purchase - but from that point onwards I saw no further mention of the 20% rebate.
Do you get an email at all confirming the rebate or is it just a case of waiting for it to be applied now?

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Just want to say thanks again for the heads-up on this.
I just ordered a 42mm LTE Space Grey with Sport Loop. This was the kick I needed!

Just one question. I put in the code as directed and it did apply the ‘12 mths pay later’ automatically to the purchase - but from that point onwards I saw no further mention of the 20% rebate.
Do you get an email at all confirming the rebate or is it just a case of waiting for it to be applied now?

You just need to wait as long as you put the code in you should be all good.

I too would of preferred some kind of confirmation just for peace of mind.

le.bouch

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Mine is with Royal Mail and should be delivered shortly to home, shame I am at work boooo lol
I ordered mine yesterday evening and it shows as ‘processing’ with delivery by Sat 18th. I assumed they wouldn’t deliver on a Saturday so we shall see..

jeddouglas

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Inverness, UK

Thanks for this. Looks like a great deal. Looking at getting one for my daughter for Christmas so would look to use this. Worth noting that it can be used for any Apple product over £159 (except the iPhone X). Have ordered an X from Apple, but now thinking about going for the 8 Plus through Very to get 20% off it.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I wouldn't touch Very.co.uk with a barge pole. Their customer service is non-existent and the buy now pay later scheme is a trap.

Just read their trust pilot reviews.

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Thanks for this. Looks like a great deal. Looking at getting one for my daughter for Christmas so would look to use this. Worth noting that it can be used for any Apple product over £159 (except the iPhone X). Have ordered an X from Apple, but now thinking about going for the 8 Plus through Very to get 20% off it.

Thats quite a saving off the retail price.
[doublepost=1510917545][/doublepost]
I wouldn't touch Very.co.uk with a barge pole. Their customer service is non-existent and the buy now pay later scheme is a trap.

Just read their trust pilot reviews.

It's only a "trap" as you call it if you do not pay it within 12 months and 20% off is a good opportunity to get discount off Apple products which are never normally discounted however I do agree their customer service is shocking.

n00bz0rd2

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
Voucher only seems to be 10% off the price, not 20%

[Edit] Nevermind, found the right code. Just to anyone else looking for it, it's not the code quoted on the home page. Browse to the Apple Watch section and you will get the 20% off code.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Thats quite a saving off the retail price.
[doublepost=1510917545][/doublepost]

It's only a "trap" as you call it if you do not pay it within 12 months and 20% off is a good opportunity to get discount off Apple products which are never normally discounted however I do agree their customer service is shocking.

The problem is that when customers have requested a refund or there's been an administrative error, Very.co.uk have been very slow or refused to give a refund. Penalty fees and interest payments is a huge revenue driver for them.

It's a good offer though but only worth taking if you are aware that you could lose the discount or be out of pocket should something go wrong.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Brilliant deal, got one for the missus yesterday on this and spotted your thread now. Got her the SS one, so should work out at £420 after credit back.

Tempted to get myself a space black, have the aluminium grey 3 at the moment, but guess would lose quite a bit eBaying it..

MrMoonUK

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
UK
mine arrived today, had an email saying the 20% would be credited to my account by 28/12

Space Grey Nike + sport loop LTE ;)

le.bouch

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
mine arrived today, had an email saying the 20% would be credited to my account by 28/12

Space Grey Nike + sport loop LTE ;)
Did you get any kind of acknowledgment that the 20% discount was applied AFTER you entered the code? Mine put my order straight into ‘pay in 12 months’ but no reference to any rebate...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.