Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

UK Carrier Three Lists White iPhone 4 for April 20th Delivery?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

As noted by Recombu, UK wireless carrier Three is now showing the white iPhone 4 as available for purchase on its website, listing an "earliest delivery" date of this Wednesday, April 20th.

Officially, Three representatives have only stated that the deal is not yet live and that they do not yet have any other information on the white iPhone 4.

Multiple mainstream news sources have indicated that the white iPhone 4 is finally in production and is expected to be released by the end of the month. Italian site iPhoneItalia has claimed that the device will launch on April 26th.

Article Link: UK Carrier Three Lists White iPhone 4 for April 20th Delivery?

BreuerEditor

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
New Jersey
interesting...

It says it comes with a bumper, but Apple only gave away bumpers to Black iPhone users for a limited time and then they had to pay $29 for one...I wonder if this is an old image?

Also, "All-you-can-eat data"????? Does the UK have a more laid back style in their product listings?

DrumApple

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
a) What a terribly confusing company name, "Three"? I had to re-read this article like three times!

b) Man, Apple has thrown us all for a loop on this one. iPhone 5 is confusing. I really don't know what to do... wait or not to wait.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
It says it comes with a bumper, but Apple only gave away bumpers to Black iPhone users for a limited time and then they had to pay $29 for one...I wonder if this is an old image?

Also, "All-you-can-eat data"????? Does the UK have a more laid back style in their product listings?

Three are doing full on unlimited data from what I've seen (as are Talk mobile). I may have to take them up on the offer when it's upgrade time! :)

Last edited:

Ubuntu

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US

Nah, 3 is pretty good for data and value. iPhones on 3 actually come with free tethering (not sure if the all-you-can-eat data applies to tethering) which is pretty nice too.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
a) What a terribly confusing company name, "Three"? I had to re-read this article like three times!

b) Man, Apple has thrown us all for a loop on this one. iPhone 5 is confusing. I really don't know what to do... wait or not to wait.

"three" or "3" as they are sometimes known are a 3G only company (they only own 3G masts and roam on 2g services thats why they are called Three :)

ciTiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Portugal (Porto)
I would understand if this was a 64 GB iPhone.
Just a color change doesn't seems much.
I know the "unlimited data" is also nice but it always has restrictions...

hippyharry

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2010

Yes, here in the UK, our networks offer so much more variance than any American networks can.

Since all our networks run on the GSM network, they are all competing with each other fairly (unlike the AT&T and T-Mobile scenario).

I have a deal where I pay £10 a month and I get 250mins to any network (mobile or landline), unlimited sms text messages, and unlimited data. Yes, completely unlimited data. Not even a fair usage policy.

giffgaff.com

You Americans get severely screwed on your data plans. A few friends of mine were over in the USA a couple of weeks ago, and decided to try and get a local sim card. T-Mobile charged $70 just for a sim card! $70?! And AT&T wouldnt offer a sim card unless you bought a phone, and even then, you'd be in the usual 2 year contract with them getting a crap deal.

Again, here in the UK, sim cards are free. No catch, just free.

/end rant.

alexexexex

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2005

Three (3) gave me a free bumper at Christmas even though i bought the handset outright from the apple store and cut my sim to make a microsim.

they're the 5 placed network, were first to market with 3G (thus '3') and the other networks (and businesses in other sectors) are all getting more informal and pally.

ivladster

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Washington DC

The image is old because there's no Game Center on the screen. I think 3 hasn't gotten official word from Apple yet.

alexexexex

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2005
Yes, here in the UK, our networks offer so much more variance than any American networks can.

Since all our networks run on the GSM network, they are all competing with each other fairly (unlike the AT&T and T-Mobile scenario).

I have a deal where I pay £10 a month and I get 250mins to any network (mobile or landline), unlimited sms text messages, and unlimited data. Yes, completely unlimited data. Not even a fair usage policy.

giffgaff.com

You Americans get severely screwed on your data plans. A few friends of mine were over in the USA a couple of weeks ago, and decided to try and get a local sim card. T-Mobile charged $70 just for a sim card! $70?! And AT&T wouldnt offer a sim card unless you bought a phone, and even then, you'd be in the usual 2 year contract with them getting a crap deal.

Again, here in the UK, sim cards are free. No catch, just free.

/end rant.

and like the good old days of 12 month, upgrade after 10, contracts it'll go. it may not get as bad as the US but the golden years from UK mobile contracts are over

bellman

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Have I missed something or is it just a new damn colour?
Give us some real news about the imac instead...:mad:

hippyharry

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2010
and like the good old days of 12 month, upgrade after 10, contracts it'll go. it may not get as bad as the US but the golden years from UK mobile contracts are over

The golden years from the UK mobile contracts ended in 2006 when 18 month contracts became the norm.

3rd Doctor

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2009

Not really considering giff gaff isnt a contract deal, but a sim only deal from month to month.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Have I missed something or is it just a new damn colour?
Give us some real news about the imac instead...:mad:

Its a story about the white iphone 4 and your surprised that its about a different colour iphone? What exactly were you expecting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.