UK - Failed credit check

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I'm gutted. Just put in all the information, got to the last screen and got a .. 02 need more time to review your application for iPhone service. This may be due to information received from the credit check company. 02 will contact you within 24 hours.

****!!!!!!! now i'm annoyed.

2. wrboyce macrumors 6502

You must have a pretty bad credit record.. I had a major fall out with O2 a few years ago, over me forgetting to pay the last month of my bill for about 7 months.. they accepted me fine! (I was shocked!)

3. sneeks macrumors 6502a

4. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

hi mate got mine no problem o2 signal is crap hows yours

5. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

New Customer.

I have no outstanding bills. I've never had a bad credit rating. I have two contracts with t-mobile.. i don't understand why they'd decline me.

WAIT, i connected the iPhone again and it said please wait while we activate, then it said

The activation requires additional time to complete. We'll email you at (email address) once your phone is activated.

Ahh why's it doing this?.

6. Project macrumors 68020

I thought I may have had a problem (had an issue with Vodafone 4 years ago where I refused to pay a bill) but it passed it no problem.

I feel for you mate.

7. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I can't get activation to complete, servers busy.

8. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

mines was easy 2 minutes and up and running:D:D:D:D:D

but thers just no signal on the phone apart from that its amazing:D:D:D

9. happyadam macrumors newbie

got the same message but it's ok

I also got this message. But re-synced and it was activated.

10. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

11. bluetideUK macrumors newbie

i got the credit message , now i have an email saying o2 is processing the activation ill be emailed when done and its taking forever

12. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

That happened to me. I got an email an hour later saying activation complete, please connect iPhone to iTunes to complete activation.

Great phone.

13. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Cheers to all our UK Cousins who got their iPhones today!!
    How exciting...I was reliving my excitement by reading your posts today:D

Thanks Mates and Cheers to you all!!!

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL I love it. As long as you are happy with your phone that doesn't get service then we're happy for you.
    So technically this thread is about an activation issue not about you being denied credit. ;)

15. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

aren't o2 one of the worst companies for declining credit?

i have a terrible credit rating :(

16. bluetideUK macrumors newbie

17. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

3 & 1/2 hours later and i'm still not activated.

Mike is a sad Panda with a shiny new brick.

18. javidial macrumors newbie

14 hours later and i'm still not activated.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I got the same screen yesterday at 11:45pm "02 need more time to review your application for iPhone service, This may be due to information received from credit reference agencies. O2 will contact you within the next 24 hours. Thank you for your patience." but 14 hours later I'm still waiting in front of my computer for that fu*** activation...... I just can't wait anymore

also now the itunes activation is telling me: " Could not complete the iTunes Store request. The store may be busy" My connection is fine!!!! :(:(:(:(

19. jontucker macrumors 6502

My credit score is absolutely shocking. I have 6 CCJs and 2 defaults. I have moved house 3 times in the last 5 years.

I have been with O2 CPW for 3 years. I bought the iPhone with a company debit card (visa) and used the same bank account for the direct debits.

When I activated I got the 'o2 need more time' message but after about 20 minutes I got another email saying congratulations here is your temporary number so I plugged the phone back in and sure enough it activated.

The point of my post is that if I can get accepted then anyone should be able too!!

(typed on iPhone!!)

20. Lau Guest

The only place I have ever been denied credit was O2 trying to go from pay as you go to contract – I have no idea why and had no trouble getting a phone anywhere else. Needless to say I have a contract and it's not with O2. :p

21. kwfl macrumors 6502

O2 is great here, the best i think
    T-mobile and vodafone have no coverage at my university while in O2, your phone will explode due to the strength of the signal

i dont know why u people hated O2, well i can see why u are hating it now, the tariffs are rubbish for a phone u have to pay £269

22. kwfl macrumors 6502

well, they didnt say u failed, just they said the need some more time to do the check which is reasonable as they are having thousands of pings going in at the same time.

23. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i phoned o2 and the said my signal should be perfect sometimes its ok and then it goes off, my girlfriends on 3 and has the same problem but it's only in the area around my house very weird but hey i made a few phone calls today on it and it was fine, my house must be haunted lol.

24. garethh macrumors regular

A few years ago I had problems getting an O2 contract after being abroad for a year, despite having had a contract with them for many years beforehand. It turned out that, despite all the bills being paid in full and on time, they had mistakenly marked me down with Experian (or the other one) as being in default - for the sum of £0.00!

25. Source macrumors member

Hi guys - I've just had the same thing happen to me - it's 10pm, so I'm guessing I'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out what they say.

As with Hustle, I've never had a problem before, paid all my bills (including most recently, a £125 mobile phone bill to Orange).

I'll let you all know what happens. Pretty sad about it, too.