UK/Germany/France reserve for instore pickup thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by knuster, Apr 9, 2015.

1. knuster macrumors regular

knuster

C'mon apple, what will it be tomorrow?
    Reservations 10/4 for instore pickup 24/4 available or not in europe??

Did a test today:
    Called 8 different apple stores today: 3 in germany, 3 in france and 2 in the UK Some apple employees said yes and some said no...4x yes/4x no

Can't preorder and get it delivered at home because i live in belgium so i really need an instore pickup option tomorrow.

2. Phillybizzle macrumors regular

3. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I spoke to someone in the UK via chat and they said reserve isn't available at the minute. It's safe to presume we can only pre-order. It's way too late to introduce reservations now.

Just pre-order and be done with it. That's what I'm doing.

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I don't think the 'pick up from instore' option is available in the UK.

You can order instore for home delivery though.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I also asked via chat and got the same answer though others have had conflicting information.

I'd say I was surprised at how unprepared Apple UK seem to be for the Watch but it seems to be a similar story for most big launches. Why they can't put a statement on the web site to confirm what the options are for pre-orders is beyond me.

6. Lushchicken macrumors newbie

I am DYING to get an official answer about this. I'd really love to reserve a watch and pick it up at the store in London. I don't want to sound entitled, but I'd find it terribly disappointing if they'd offer zero in store options (for launch) outside the US.

7. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

To be fair, although it is confusing who can and can't reserve, the Apple UK store simply says we can pre-order. That's it. So it's clear on the website, just confusion elsewhere. On the UK site, we can only pre-order. On the U.S. site, you can pre-order and reserve.

That's the way it is.

8. SNGR macrumors newbie

There will be no in-store pickup but there will be 'reserve and pick-up'.
    Subtle difference in name but it are two seperate systems.
    Only the US has in-store pickup, in the EU they used reserve and pick-up with the iPhone 6 launch.
    In the US you ORDER and pick it up, in the EU you RESERVE and pick it up.
    That's why Apple has been editing this website for the past couple of days, and is now waiting to be opened:

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/watch/availability

9. knuster thread starter macrumors regular

knuster

But the question is: will it be opened tomorrowmorning or will this option only be available after launch....

10. rolexwatch macrumors regular

Exactly. Unfortunately this system will not be available until the 25th of April at 8:00am. I found this information in the sourcecode of the website above. So delivery preorders will be the only option tomorrow for EU.

11. SNGR macrumors newbie

Not sure if it's going to be tomorrow (would be the logical option), but if you look at the source code you see some lines about what the website shows when all pre-orders are gone (something like: Come back on the 25th of April). So my guess is it will open tomorrow and EU Apple Stores will use the same website for reservations made during the try-on appointments. Otherwise there would be no sales at all on the 24th of April in EU stores which doesn't make sense to me. Apple is probably not promoting this option on it's website so that they can direct costumers to make a reservation during try-out appointments.

12. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

The only way we are going to find out is wait till tomorrow :)

13. Weavus macrumors member

This.

14. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It would have been helpful if they had told their staff all about that. :rolleyes:

15. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Easy enough now. The information is:

"Apple Watch reservations are available from 8:00 am on 25 April. Please come back then to make a reservation for same-day pickup."

"All Apple Watch models are available by reservation only. Apple Watch Edition is offered in selected stores only. You can reserve the model of your choice from 6:00 am each day. Due to high demand, it’s possible this watch will become unavailable before you confirm your reservation"

So it seems that the UK will need to wait until 25 April to reserve for same-day pickup.

That being said, it doesn't mean that we can't reserve tomorrow and pickup on 24 April.

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm not really bothered by the reservation system as long as I can preorder it online for delivery within the same time frame. If reserving and picking up in store means I can get it sooner then I will definitely try and do that.

17. knuster thread starter macrumors regular

knuster

After all the latest news it looks like reservations won't be an option this time :(

Only preorder for home delivery, no instore pickup reservations, no watches you can just buy in store 24/4..... Man there are gonna be a lot of pissed customers in apple stores on launch day in europe!!

18. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

Not holding out any hope of in store reservations being available tomorrow in the UK. Based on the news about some models not being delivered on the 24th, my main priority now is to get in there quick and guarantee delivery for the 24th.

Hoping for plentiful stock and a stress free morning! Good luck everyone.

19. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Guys how do you get to that reservation page from the Apple UK main page or is it not accessible yet

20. Mr.C macrumors 601

Reservations are accessible yet. They probably won't be until preorders go live.

21. Hexcruncher macrumors regular

It probably isn't going to happen. The US Store has pulled their advertisement for the reservation for in store pick up option.

22. knuster thread starter macrumors regular

knuster

It is not accessible yet and probably wont be accessible tomorrow!
    Reservations won't be an option this time, only preorders for delivery at your home!

23. macuserpl macrumors 6502

macuserpl

Reservations for pick up will be available starting tomorrow. It would be really strange if they weren't.

Look at the name of the var you're quoting: it's iReserve.availability.pageTitleNonInventory. This is the message that will show up after the day 1 reservations are made and they run out of stock. Then they will handle it the same way they did with the iPhone 6 - they will sell each day what's left from the previous one. Simple.
    There is another var that says: "iReserve.availability.pageTitle":"Reserve this Apple*Watch <br>to buy in store on <span class='nowrap'><%= launchDate %>"

----------

It's accessible: https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/watch/availability

Although it says it's currently unavailable, it will start tomorrow at 8:01 am.

24. toysoldierkid macrumors member

Just so I can understand that all correctly because I'm interested in the option:

As soon as the pre-order goes live, I should be able to make a try-in reservation for the Apple Store in Berlin. There, if I like a model, I can say 'OK, I'll take that one.' and then pick it up on the 24th of April?

25. Mr.C macrumors 601

Don't think so. Reservations are only for try outs. If you then want to purchase one you will have to go online and hope you are still able to preorder one.