[UK] Has anyone seen the iPhone in the 'wild' yet ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Devil's Refugee, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

Anyone seen another person with their iPhone yet (actually using one, not queueing up/ buying/ purchasers meet)

I've seen one business bloke out and about along Edinburgh with one yesterday lunchtime so far.

2. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

I've seen only two others and they were both playing with them riding the tube.

Of course this doesn't count, my girlfriend, brother and work colleague who all have them as well.

3. zign macrumors 6502

zign

I see them everyday in London City :)

Played with one in Carphonewarehouse opposite Liverpool street station. Interestingly enough, they had a 4gb model on display. Planning to get one tomorrow. Lost my wallet last htursday and should get my new cards tomorrow :)

4. mpw Guest

I first saw them weeks ago, there's been a few more recently, but it's not even available here yet.

5. wrboyce macrumors 6502

I walked past someone the other day, and we both noticed each other's headphones and gave a "mic salute" :D

6. Oh-es-Ten macrumors regular

Oh-es-Ten

I have been wearing mine to and from work and would quite like to run into someone like this so I could do the same...

Only ever saw one before that, a guy on the tube watching video - this was a week before launch, so I could assume he was an O2 Employee or had a US one.

Still, it is nice to have something exclusive for a while before they become more common..

7. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Only time ive seen one other than in my hand was when I was stood outside Carphone Warehouse because someone had a hacked one.

8. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

9. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i met one of my fellow mac rumors members in the queue last friday and met him again yesterday!!!!!!!!!!
    we both had our shiney iphones with us!!!!:D:D

10. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

I've not seen any yet in Edinburgh. I haven't really been looking though. That said, I have hadcquite a few interested glances from strangers.

11. Devil's Refugee thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey Jeb, we should make a point in accidentally bumping into each other whilst nonchalantly texting on the iPhone and make a fuss in the middle of the street about it so people take notice.....not that I want to attract attention of course Lol

12. Oh-es-Ten macrumors regular

Oh-es-Ten

It begins..

Got mine on iDay and since then have not seen any UK iPhones around at all, however I actually have now seen 3 in one day last weekend (all in the area where I live), and then another two yesterday..

I think this is now due to people having a play with other peoples and then jumping on the bandwagon...

I think the sales in the UK are going to be quite OK.. Unlike other devices this thing has a very big effect on people to purchase!

13. tonywob, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The only person I've seen with one was at an MR meet a few weeks back. I still haven't seen a single one on the tube or plodding around in the city.

15. alFR macrumors 68020

I saw a couple when I was in Birmingham city centre a couple of weeks ago.

16. sneeks macrumors 6502a

17. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Up until yesterday I had yet to see a single person using one, and I was just about to post a thread like this to see if I was the only one.

But low and behold, I saw a woman on Oxford St using one whilst waiting for the bus. I was so shocked that I think I actually stared at her for a while.

All in all, they haven't been massively visible. Maybe I just don't hang around enough rich areas :confused:

18. tonywob, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  19. sananda macrumors 68020

20. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I haven't seen one yet, nor do I know anyone who intends to get one.

21. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Have seen three so far. The other thing you'll notice is that everyone knows what it is (and generally has an 'opinion' on how expensive it is). At least one person I know will buy one having seen mine.

22. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

obviously expect for my own

ive seen one guy in a pub using on 7 days after release and thats it i believe.

i like how atm im like the only one (out of all the people i know) who has one.although no doubt that will change after christmas.

23. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I've seen several. I saw two before official release (obviously hacked and obviously wanted to be seen as they were very public about the fact they have an iPhone before release)

I then saw four after release, i recognised the first two by their headphones (one on the street and one in the tube), another one in church and the final one was giving a demo to friends in a restaurant.

But there aren't that many. Everything else is mostly iTouches and Nanos.

People that have seen mine want to buy but as soon as i mention the price AND contract requirement...they start shaking heads...grumbling "too expensive"

24. SAFC2403 macrumors member

The day after i got mine(about a week after release in the UK) I had to go to one of our new sites(I'm IT for a transport company) and the IT guy on site had a hacked US one with one of those best skins ever things on. I was gonna buy one till I saw his - it looked a bit naff tbh.

25. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Tons of people in my school have one...I'm so jealous :eek: