Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damian7777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Hi Guys- AppleCare+ though interesting doesn't cover loss or theft from what I can see. That's quite a high price for such an omission...

I looked around and see a few UK 3rd party insurers however I see all of them only listing the iPhone X 64GB with a max value of 1000 Pounds. Has anyone else found a 3rd party UK insurer that would cover the full replacement cost of the iPhone X 256 GB / 1,149 GBP - including loss or theft?

Thanks again! Damian

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Reached out to Insurance2go asking what their plans are for the X specifically relating to the higher cover limit even tho I’ll likely opt for the 64gb myself. Will post back if I get a reply

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
My HSBC Advance account includes mobile phone insurance but is limited to £1000 per claim. I suppose when they set this limit they never believed that a mobile phone would ever cost over £1000?

djrm

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Norwich, UK
This really is a deciding factor on which one I go for. I have just spoken with Nationwide's insurer Lifestyle group which I believe cover a fair few other packaged bank accounts and the general rule they have agreed on is that the 256GB will be covered. Hoorah!! They will be updating their t's and c's soon.

damian7777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Google the Lifestyle group insurance reviews i hear you have to wait over a month for a replacement phone with them..

ssong

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
London, UK
How much are you paying?

I feel that it’s on the steep edge with £14 a month for full insurance which includes damage and theft and some additional security software that I probably won’t be using.

There is a limit to two successful loss or theft claims within a 12 month period with the time beginning with the first successful claim.

The excess is £120.

I found this relatively acceptable though given that a flexible insurance through Trov App would’ve cost around £15 with a higher excess. I also had Endsleigh for my previous devices but they were needlessly high with similar excess as well.

I also like next day replacement services offered by EE, albeit to a refurb device. Hope this helps!

Reactions: iBrooker

iBrooker

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2016
UK
I feel that it’s on the steep edge with £14 a month for full insurance which includes damage and theft and some additional security software that I probably won’t be using.

There is a limit to two successful loss or theft claims within a 12 month period with the time beginning with the first successful claim.

The excess is £120.

I found this relatively acceptable though given that a flexible insurance through Trov App would’ve cost around £15 with a higher excess. I also had Endsleigh for my previous devices but they were needlessly high with similar excess as well.

I also like next day replacement services offered by EE, albeit to a refurb device. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info.

I can actually get phone insurance via the bank for £17 a month, and that also includes car breakdown cover and travel insurance.

I'm going to think about it, but definitely not going for that 'cheap' insurance2go after reading the reviews! Haha!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.