MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

110100-ipad_2_uk_launch.jpg

With tight supplies in the United States and potential production issues related to the effects of the Japanese earthquake, some have wondered whether Apple will be forced to delay its first round of international iPad 2 launches scheduled for this Friday. But according to TechRadar, the launch remains on schedule, at least in the UK.Many suspected that the launch of the skinny new Apple tablet would be pushed back due to stock demand in the US - a similar thing happened with the launch of the first iPad last year.

However, Apple told us, "Everything that is on the website still holds true; the website says 25 March and that's when it'll be."Apple previously announced that the first wave of international iPad 2 launches will occur in the following 25 countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. The company decided last week, however, to delay the Japanese launch as the country seeks to recover from the earthquake and associated disasters.

Article Link: UK iPad 2 Launch Still on Schedule for Friday

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

High demand :(

Comment

hippyharry

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2010
Still no official announcement on pricing yet is there?

Im in Glasgow, was lucky enough to get one in Austin, TX last week at the popup store. They had hundreds and hundreds of them in stock.

Walked in at 10.50pm, queued for 5 mins, got ipad, walked out at 11pm. Easiest launch day pickup Ive ever had! :)

Comment

Peruvian

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
U.K.
I've been out the loop for a while. How did the opening day sales in the states go? Were there queues around the buildings and stores sold out?

Wonder if the same is going to happen in the UK this time around...

Comment

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
What does this mean for the US consumers who havent gotten their hands on one yet? Anything?

Comment

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Hopefully shortage is due to Apple allocating supply for international launch.

Comment

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
I reckon we'll be looking at standard opening time. I think anything different would've been announced by now.

I would of thought so too. And now Apple are saying its still on for launch i would expect to see announcements of time and prices in the next day really, allowing for people to make there minds up and to plan how to get one.

But something is telling me if the US had a 5pm launch then thats the same for the UK :(

Comment

stewart1988

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
But I'm guessing it will be the same as the US launch. Web sales same day so I might have to go que up...

Never queued for a product launch before.

Comment

C0R4X

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Still on scedule for Germany, too.
Prices will be the same, as for the original iPad, this was already said by Jobs on the keynote.

Comment

AtomicEdge

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2009
But I'm guessing it will be the same as the US launch. Web sales same day so I might have to go que up...

Never queued for a product launch before.

Me neither.

There is a PC World near me, but the closest Apple Store is Southampton...

If I can, I will just go to PC world, but I wonder if they are going to get any stock at all, and if so, how much.

Don't really fancy standing outside the Apple Store in Southampton to be honest, it's right on a busy bit...

Comment

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Want to buy one but all my funds have gone towards my new MBP. Oh well...iPad 3 it is.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.