Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Which Model are you getting?

• Total voters

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Got the XR delivered before and all set up niffy little phone really especially when travelling than carry my Pro Max

37AEDD4F-E3CC-4863-A35C-C13E8CDAC5FD.jpeg

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
Hi, cheeky monkey time again. Anyone have a code they’re happy to share for a sim only EE contract?
Hugely appreciated in advance ?

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
My Green iPhone 13 Pro Max has just landed with me; it's a fantastic colour 😎👌🏼

I've gone for the Humixx case also:

Attachments

• greenIP-2.jpeg
    greenIP-2.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 89
  • greenIP-4.jpeg
    greenIP-4.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 82
  • greenIP-1.jpeg
    greenIP-1.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 75
  • greenIP-3.jpeg
    greenIP-3.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 78
  • greenIP-5.jpeg
    greenIP-5.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 91

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
I can't
My Green iPhone 13 Pro Max has just landed with me; it's a fantastic colour 😎👌🏼

I've gone for the Humixx case also:

Looks great. But I've decided I'm actively going to avoid looking at this Alpine Green because it makes me want to throw my SB Max out of the window.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Hope you’re all keeping well an safe!

What a start to 2022! At least we have this place as a positive ;)

Though I have to admit, each time I read something about the 14, it sounds less and less like the Prosser leaks of last year and more like an incremental update :(

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester

Though I have to admit, each time I read something about the 14, it sounds less and less like the Prosser leaks of last year and more like an incremental update :(

I really prefer the notch over that pill and hole set up, Hope you are keeping well @Jinjin

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I really prefer the notch over that pill and hole set up, Hope you are keeping well @Jinjin

All well and good here so far!

I have to admit I don’t care in the slightest about the notch vs pill debate. If they do go down the pill route I can image it being a few days of use to it not even being an issue anyone notices.

For me I want to see software improvements and stability. So many little annoyances in things not working as you’d expect, Siri, the whole family sharing and screen time usage being a bit flakey.

Would love some of those pixel like camera features to make their way over.

I think we’ll get a a thicker phone with the “best camera on an iPhone ever”.

I was using my my old X which my son now has and they does all the things I need it to (apart from the battery being rubbish). The whole thing about the A16 only being in the pro models again doesn’t bother me. I can’t ever remembering my iPhone was ever slow (apart from crappy software).

Let’s see what WWDC bring later this year

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately

Hope the trend isn't going narrower devices like the Droids are doing.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

sounds like the pros are the only thing that will be worth upgrading to.

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
11 Pro owner here so definitely upgrading to the 14 Pro.

And while I’ll always go with the graphite/grey variant, the green 13 Pro does look very nice indeed.

Reactions: Jinjin

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021

I think every iPhone from now on will be an incremental upgrade. Not sure if any iPhone since the X has been a major upgrade?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I think every iPhone from now on will be an incremental upgrade. Not sure if any iPhone since the X has been a major upgrade?

Yes I agree, only so far you can go with it. Todays rumours suggest under screen Face ID still 2 years off!

Looks like it will be a new watch (if the change in form factor lands) that will be the big thing this year for me.

Btw.. my polishing cloth hasn’t come out the box yet

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
Well... I have, finally, bought a 13 Mini :D

There were a few discounts going on eBay (I know...), plus my Nectar points means I got it for £498. A friend decided to upgrade her 5S at the same time from the same place to Midnight Black (I upgraded from SE 1st gen to the blue variety).

First impressions... very nice. It'll take me some time to get used to the camera being on the 'wrong' side, and the power button being in the 'wrong place, and the fact that it doesn't lay flat on the table but I'm sure I can find a rear-only case that makes the whole thing flatter. Probably. I prefer my phones to be naked these days but I'll have to do something about the camera bump it's winding me up and it's only been three hours!

My only gripe was that I decided to set up the phone fresh, which meant downloading the apps and then trying to arrange them as I wanted. Really miss having a desktop app in iTunes to do that...

Reactions: Apple Mac Daz

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
...and the fact that it doesn't lay flat on the table but I'm sure I can find a rear-only case that makes the whole thing flatter. Probably. I prefer my phones to be naked these days but I'll have to do something about the camera bump it's winding me up and it's only been three hours!

Congratulations on the purchase - must be a welcome upgrade! As for keeping your phone naked - I'm the same, and as you, the rocking frustrates me. One thing I've found that fixes this is using a MagSafe wallet, the phone rests on the wallet and lifts it high enough that the camera bump no longer touches the table. I've been using one since about October/November and have to say it's great. If your circumstances allow - consider moving to a MagSafe wallet. (plenty of options on Amazon and AliExpress, if you don't want to pay the Apple tax) I have three I bought from AliExpress for like £2 each.

Reactions: Yorkshire Lad

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
Congratulations on the purchase - must be a welcome upgrade! As for keeping your phone naked - I'm the same, and as you, the rocking frustrates me. One thing I've found that fixes this is using a MagSafe wallet, the phone rests on the wallet and lifts it high enough that the camera bump no longer touches the table. I've been using one since about October/November and have to say it's great. If your circumstances allow - consider moving to a MagSafe wallet. (plenty of options on Amazon and AliExpress, if you don't want to pay the Apple tax) I have three I bought from AliExpress for like £2 each.
Thanks - I'll give those a look. I'd spotted the Fitbag slip cases on Amazon (had one for my iPod previously) and there's a leather rear case from a third party which is tempting. I'd rather have had a thicker phone with a larger battery so there's no bump, but camera bumps appear to be the fashion these days :D

Have to admit: I am noticing the speed difference! Face ID works way better than I thought it would as well, and can cope with my frameless glasses.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
Thanks - I'll give those a look. I'd spotted the Fitbag slip cases on Amazon (had one for my iPod previously) and there's a leather rear case from a third party which is tempting. I'd rather have had a thicker phone with a larger battery so there's no bump, but camera bumps appear to be the fashion these days :D

Have to admit: I am noticing the speed difference! Face ID works way better than I thought it would as well, and can cope with my frameless glasses.
I saw this on Reddit and thought of you ? https://www.reddit.com/r/MagSafe/comments/tpwk90

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.