Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
This is an interesting comparison:

Final Thoughts
Overall, the ‌iPhone 14 Pro‌ is a fairly significant upgrade over the ‌iPhone 13 Pro‌, introducing meaningful features like the Dynamic Island

Not convinced that this is a 'meaningful feature' and ironically, actually takes up more space than the notch!

and the always-on display that provide new ways to interact with the device.

Implementation of this looks terrible from what I have seen so far - glad my device does NOT have this.

The ‌iPhone 14 Pro‌ also brings major advancements to photography and videography in almost all areas, increasing the main camera's megapixel count for the first time since the ‌iPhone‌ 6S

48 megapixel vs 12 in every day photos is negligible in terms of differences.

and introducing a new quad-pixel sensor, improving Cinematic mode and introducing Action mode, adding autofocus to the front-facing camera, enhancing low-light performance across the whole device with Photonic engine, and more.

Wouldn't use either of these - I don't take video on my phone.

That is not to mention Emergency SOS via satellite,

Not available in the UK and would never be in a situation to use this.

new color options,

Makes no difference as 99% of people slap a case on less than 5 minutes after unboxing.

an additional hour battery life,

A whole 1 hour extra - WOW!!!!!

and the A16 Bionic chip – Apple's first chip made with a 4nm fabrication process.

A15 vs A16 - negligible day to day differences.

Glad I stuck to my 13 Pro.
;)

Dynamic island is quite cool, the camera thing is a farce as 98% of people will never know they have to turn on Raw to use it.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
and the always-on display that provide new ways to interact with the device.

Implementation of this looks terrible from what I have seen so far - glad my device does NOT have this.

you can just turn it off too.

as with all new tech and features, it will improve over time. We all love jumping on the bandwagon here.. and that is why 99% of us are on this forum, we'll upgrade in most cases regardless of change.

but its good you're happy with your decision Dino.. erm.. AppleFanToo 🤣

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom

as with all new tech and features, it will improve over time. We all love jumping on the bandwagon here.. and that is why 99% of us are on this forum, we'll upgrade in most cases regardless of change.

Now you mention it, I could definitely agree AppleFanToo = Dino. 😂 👍

Qountdown

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2022

Attachments

• polish.png
    polish.png
    468.5 KB · Views: 37

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022

....off topic but iOS 16 is a bit of mess, I do agree (can't comment on your last sentence as that also has nothing to do with anything + I have no idea who that is).

dg8623

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2022
Northern Ireland
Been eagerly refreshing the Apple Store site every 20 minutes or so for the last 5 days hoping a black or silver PM 128gb or 256gb pops up in Belfast to no avail, it's getting rough out here I can't lie.

Any chance of a midweek bump in stock or am I wasting my time haha?

Reactions: Guv280984

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Been eagerly refreshing the Apple Store site every 20 minutes or so for the last 5 days hoping a black or silver PM 128gb or 256gb pops up in Belfast to no avail, it's getting rough out here I can't lie.

Any chance of a midweek bump in stock or am I wasting my time haha?

you know it will be sods law the moment you stop, they'll appear!

dear Apple: this is your only chance to try convert me into buying a MAX... do what is right here!

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK

dear Apple: this is your only chance to try convert me into buying a MAX... do what is right here!

I tried a Max when I went to pick my AirPods up... confirmed to me why I downsized 😂 The dynamic island was definitely a two handed job

Reactions: Jinjin

dg8623

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2022
Northern Ireland

Right now they're tempting me to go for the non-max since they're pretty easy to get your hands on in comparison to their big brother

They seem to have plenty of 1TB Gold Maxes popping up all over the UK, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Gold and don't have the need (or the money) for 1TB of storage.

Reactions: Jinjin

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I tried a Max when I went to pick my AirPods up... confirmed to me why I downsized 😂 The dynamic island was definitely a two handed job
yup, reachability is a big factor!

but in the 10 days of pro ownership, I'm not sure I've pressed on the dynamic island once yet!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.