Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I couldnt resist so opened my box and removed the protective cover. I’m surprised how small the 11” feels to my old 10.2. I know the screen is bigger but just feels so compact! Was worried i made the wrong decision getting an 11” but i think it’ll be fine. Also cant believe how thin it is!!

Is it a thunderbolt it won’t plug into my 2011 imac which has a thunderbolt port
It’s usb c with thunderbolt. Old thunderbolt is based on mini display port.

widestload

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
manchester UK
Mine just arrived :D. Well I say that, it was actually delivered next door by DHL. Clearly has my address on the box not theirs and I was watching him out my window he parked up in front of their house and went straight to their door and dropped it off. Tracking then updated to delivered to say I'd signed for it (he didn't even attempt to get my neighbour to sign, or take a photo etc)! Thankfully I get on well with next door so just popped round to collect it, but jeez! I knew DPD were better, but being able to tally up door numbers with addresses on boxes is surely requirement 1 on the delivery driver exam!?

Anyway, safely in my hands now and updating from my old iPad.

Reactions: johnyslats

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
After playing with the 12.9 at Dixons at the airport (2020 model), I kinda wished I’d gone for that instead of staying with the 11 inch one?

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Coming from a 2018 11” iPad Pro, I can certainly tell the difference between the weight. Also the slight fade at edge of the screens can certainly be seen and do notice, but it doesn’t bother me and looks fine.

EDIT: I also have the 11” 1Tb so I’m gonna give the 12.9 a weekend of testing. If I still can’t get used to it (weight/size) and the screen isn’t so much of a biggy, then I’ll resort back to the 11” size.

Last edited:

CD3660

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I had the same cancellation email from Argos so decided I’d speak to customer services to see whether I could get any joy from them. May as well not have bothered to be honest. There was just no persuading them that they were obliged to supply me with a product retailing at £1,099 for £800. ?

Anyway I’m glad a couple of you managed to get one. I’ll console myself with the absolute beauty that Apple delivered first thing this morning, on which I am typing this forlorn post. ?

Last edited:

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I've not found a massive difference between the 5th gen and 4th gen, but I'm slowly reinstalling everything on it - I set it up from scratch

Reactions: Snapperjw

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Still waiting on amazon bringing my case and protector. Dont wanna use it without them

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
Both 2020 12.9 & 2021 are feather weights, I cant tell the difference yet tbh. They look exactly the same with the exception of the Model Name in settings that is, I had to make sure ?

Tybull

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Wales U.K
Ordered on the 30th @ 13-15.Called EE now can't give a day for delivery so Cancelled Order.We have been putting men on the MOON for 60 Years but EE can't even give a date for a Delivery.
APPLE APP ordered the iPad Pro SG 12.9 256g cellular 2021 pick up in store tomorrow,Plenty of time slots to choose from.
If i wanted Delivery it would have been 22 of june. Get on there loads to collect Tomorrow most Apple Stores in the Country.
I'd have more chance of HITTING the MOON with a Marble than getting a Straight answer from EE.
Be Lucky Everyone.

Reactions: robotica

ShaunFrancis

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
Conwy
So I spoke to Argos on their live chat and they said I would need to call their number to speak to someone about the price. Then I spoke to some who said I would have to go into store to speak to them about the price. Might go into store tomorrow and say I paid for one, it was cancelled and they should honour the price. What does everyone think? Haha

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
So I spoke to Argos on their live chat and they said I would need to call their number to speak to someone about the price. Then I spoke to some who said I would have to go into store to speak to them about the price. Might go into store tomorrow and say I paid for one, it was cancelled and they should honour the price. What does everyone think? Haha
they don't need to honour it. only when they ship it or you pick it up at a store then they're out of luck. until they hand you it over then they have the right to cancel the order with you and issue a refund.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Anyone tried to bend it yet ? ?
no! it feels solid and really good build quality but i suspect it's just as bendable. there are weak points on either side so that's not too good. i'm surprised how thin it is (11" model at least) so i imagine it will bend quite easy but if you use it normal i don't see how it will ever bend. i'm sure there are youtubers out there already working on a video.

suyashsrij28

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2019
London, England
Picked up my iPad and Apple TV this afternoon from Regent Street in London! No queues outside and was in and out within 5 mins. There were many people inside browsing the new products though. They have enough stock for walk-ins/pick-ups so if your delivery estimate is pretty late try getting one from the store in person!

176521372c3a6cd68bf15225563b1f9b.jpg

3b87c42e7a36b6aa72609e7d3779b27d.jpg

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
they don't need to honour it. only when they ship it or you pick it up at a store then they're out of luck. until they hand you it over then they have the right to cancel the order with you and issue a refund.

They sent me a mail just now saying it was incorrectly priced. But they sold multiple units at that price so that makes it the 'correct' price, doesn't it? Yes their fault for not pulling it sooner.

I asked CS to escalate for me just because I'm in a bolshy mood today. But I've also set up my Apple delivered one :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.