Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Yeah mine has been sent to apple for repair but I’m not expecting them to repair due to the mini led display. Wait time for new ones are a good 1-2 months

I sent a email to there CEO when mine was faulty on delivery after CS said it be 7 - 8 weeks until I would likely see a replacement. Once they contacted from there directors office. I had a replacement delivered in less than a week

Reactions: The Game 161

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I sent a email to there CEO when mine was faulty on delivery after CS said it be 7 - 8 weeks until I would likely see a replacement. Once they contacted from there directors office. I had a replacement delivered in less than a week

Well I bought my 12.9 from very and it seems they send it to Apple via their own partner and very said they won’t know how long it will be. If they fix it they said they would send it out to me but I can’t see them fixing it as it’s something inside the screen

This is the issue

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Well I bought my 12.9 from very and it seems they send it to Apple via their own partner and very said they won’t know how long it will be. If they fix it they said they would send it out to me but I can’t see them fixing it as it’s something inside the screen
View attachment 1795211
This is the issue

Argh damn that looks proper fubar and a replacement needed as well 😢.

Yh mine was direct from Apple so guess the CEO option my quickest way to get it sorted.

Fingers crossed bud it’s sorted out soon enough

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Argh damn that looks proper fubar and a replacement need as well .

Yh mine was direct from Apple so guess the CEO option my quickest way to get it sorted.

Fingers crossed bud it’s sorted out soon enough

Cheers, my only fear was it would get lost in the system but should be ok. The fact I don’t know how long it will be is the frustrating part

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just had a message from Sky. The iPad 12.9” 1Tb I ordered on 7th June, which was stated as coming August, is now stated to be delivered by the 7th July! ?

Now the phrasing of ‘by the 7th July’ gives me hope it might be earlier lol.

Reactions: johnyslats

danderton

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
Uk
How accurate are people finding Apples shipment dates? My 22.9. 256 is showing end of July/Aug currently. Anyone received thiers ahead of time?

SquealingCustard

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2020
Got my iPad from Sky yesterday which was much earlier than I expected, first impressions, big, very nice screen and man I missed 120hz!!

NYanakiev

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2015
London, UK
I called EE to cancel my order for a 1TB silver 12.9 inch iPad Pro and, to my great surprise, they told me DPD had tried to deliver it yesterday. I had received no emails informing me about an upcoming delivery and the DPD never updated to reflect that.

Delivery is meant to take place in the next 1 hour so let's see what arrives. Hillarious!

EDIT: it actually arrived. WOW

Last edited:
Reactions: Brenster

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
I called EE to cancel my order for a 1TB silver 12.9 inch iPad Pro and, to my great surprise, they told me DPD had tried to deliver it yesterday. I had received no emails informing me about an upcoming delivery and the DPD never updated to reflect that.

Delivery is meant to take place in the next 1 hour so let's see what arrives. Hillarious!

EDIT: it actually arrived. WOW

Gives me some hope with EE as I ordered my 12.9 2TB SG on the 28th May and still waiting, 35 days and counting ?

Reactions: NickYanakiev

Rugbydman

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
Hi I have always purchased direct from apple. if I get one from Argos do I have the same rights with apple?
apple have been great with my current 2nd gen ipp replacing twice when out of warranty

blacksurf

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
UK
I've bought stuff in the US before from BestBuy (when on holiday) and had it repaired by Apple in the UK under warranty with no issues. Might be safer with Apple but warranty is warranty and you still get 2 years in the UK - although sometimes they argue you just get 1 - but they're pretty good in my experience

Rugbydman

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
I've bought stuff in the US before from BestBuy (when on holiday) and had it repaired by Apple in the UK under warranty with no issues. Might be safer with Apple but warranty is warranty and you still get 2 years in the UK - although sometimes they argue you just get 1 - but they're pretty good in my experience
thanks! who do you think would be better Argos or Amazon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.