UK O2 iPhone 3GS Prices Here!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattrgee, Jun 8, 2009.

1. big_malk macrumors 6502a

No mention of early upgrade deals for existing iPhone users?

When I switched to O2 when the 3G came out, I sold my 2G unlocked for £300, and bought my 3G for £150, was a pretty sweet deal :D

2. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i cannot believe there is no upgrades unless you pay your remanding 6 months, well screw em, i was happy to upgrade with each rev, and sign up for another year, well now im leaving when the term is up unlocking and not returning.

4. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Comparison.

3GS pricing versus old pricing. It's a bit of a joke! I waited for this phone for 18months as well. Any idea when o2 lose their exclusivity contract?

Attached Files:

5. Legolai macrumors member

Absolutely Ridiculous, i can understand the reasoning behind it, but even to get it for free its a 24 month contract, or a ridiculously priced contract on 18 Months.

Thing is, i can see a drop in the prices soon because all the users that either upgraded from the 2G to the 3G, or people that got the 3G outright on launch wont upgrade. The Thing is, the majority of people who want an iPhone, already have one, so Apple & O2 need to get their act together otherwise theyre gonna have a load of iPhone £G$ in the warehouse.

i Could break my contract early using Carphone warehouse phone insurance ACP for £30 but that means i have to hand back my current 3G and then pay out for a £G$ because i absolutely refuse to go into a 24 month contract.

EDIT: The Tethering option is even more ridiculous, £15 nearly for 3GB of data, and wifi at the cloud (which is free in wetherspoons using the cloud anyway)

6. BNZ1 macrumors regular

7. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

I'll be very surprised if they don't announce an upgrade deal for existing 3G customers. It'll just happen nearer the June 17 date, or not long thereafter.

Not as if the 3GS is a massive departure in terms of hardware - much less differentiation than the 2G to 3G upgrade which was very simple and inexpensive for existing 2G owners.

If there isn't or they ask for a shedload more money or a ridiculous contract extension, I'll just be happy with the 3.0 SU. I can live quite happily without a slightly better camera, slightly faster performance, a compass and voice control.

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i hope your right, maybe if they have a really bad launch they'll re think it lol

9. Cardy macrumors member

Isn't voice control part of the 3.0 software?

10. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

3gs only

11. LukeW16 macrumors member

LukeW16

I really hope they sort the tariffs out! 500 texts a month for the maximum? It's appalling!

12. vlinkz macrumors regular

Seriously. That's just insane.

13. psollitt macrumors newbie

psollitt

mad tethering charges too !!!!

..also just noticed that they will be charging £15 PER MONTH EXTRA for tethering ?? are they insane ?? we have unlimited data on the phone, but for an extortionate amount extra per month we can add us it as a modem???:mad:

I think a protest to offcom regarding this as i think we would have a good case !

14. iKieran macrumors newbie

I think they have removed the infomation I can't find it anymore

EDIT: oops clicked the wrong link my bad lol =/

15. psollitt macrumors newbie

psollitt

16. AnDi86 macrumors 6502

17. iJed macrumors 6502

It looks like O2 have effectively raised the iPhone prices here! The 3G was supposed to be kept around as a cheaper iPhone model while the 3G S replaced it at the same price point. O2 obviously don't get this technological progress thing.

I also would like to be able to upgrade to the 3G S but they seem to want to ******* over their existing customers by giving us no obvious upgrade option.

Oh well, as soon as my contract expires I'm leaving O2 since they obviously have no regard for their existing customers.

I just noticed their roaming charges: "£2.94 a MB in the EU and £6 a MB." It really is time the government/EU forced them to make this fair.

Edit: Tethering: They are actually charging for this too! Even though I have an unlimited data plan (which I'd expect should give me unlimited data) I now have to pay extra to get limited data for tethering.

Edit 2: Complain here

18. AnDi86 macrumors 6502

19. psollitt macrumors newbie

psollitt

no they are still there,

the tethering one you cannot get to from the price page as it is a 404 on the link, you can get to it from right hand bar on the software info page... so just hidden enough to avoid most peoples notice untill they had already commited to the new contract i guess :rolleyes:

20. iKieran macrumors newbie

Upgrading on Pay and go

Hi I am new here but I do visit the site most days.

I got a iPhone 3g in December 2008 on pay and go I was just wondering would I be able to upgrade to the iPhone 3GS and what would be the likely price.

The o2 website is kinda not helpful it just says about "An upgrade reward. Like 10% of the value of your top-ups back as calltime"

21. The Phazer macrumors 68030

It's a scandalous price rise.

Write to every newspaper you can tonight while they're doing their copy, and use the words "rip off Britain" a lot.

It's good news for everyone if the headlines are as negative as possible in the UK with pricing tomorrow.

Phazer

22. big_malk macrumors 6502a

What are you actually saying in your complaint? 'O2 are selling the new iPhone too expensive for my liking'?

The 'unlimited data' and charging for tethering is pretty annoying, but to be fair you could use a massive amounts of bandwidth downloading to your computer, and when they first promised 'unlimited data' it was clearly just for use within the iPhone, it's still reasonable to assume that’s what they mean.

I'm annoyed/disappointed by it, but I'm not sure it's reasonable grounds to complain to ofcomm?

23. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I don't think that's quite right. Since I got mine ripples have been spreading out through my group of friends. A few have already got one one way or another, but nowhere near all. A fair few are eyeing it up as a christmas treat.

A LOT more of them (probably the majority) would be sure fire getting one if it was more reasonably priced, but there you go.

24. Aumz macrumors member

Please all those wanting a special upgrade deal for exisiting iPhone customers stop moaning.

This is not like the first iPhone where you buy the phone outright, this is just like all other contract phones. You sign up for a 18 month contract and after that 18 month then yoy can upgrade and get a new phone.

Why should the iPhone be different...just because it is Apple well guess what it ain't so deal with it.

You want the latest iPhone then yoy gonna have to pay for it.