Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyrion

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2002
yeah I had a big problem with them too, but they finally delivered!
The frustrating part was they genuinely seem to not have a clue where each package was, or any idea of when it my be delivered .. Rather poor for a logistics firm.

Good luck with getting yours, they were promising to deliver them all today when I last spoke to them

Where are you located, if I may ask? I'm in Bern City, and I've heard of people in the Kanton Bern getting their iPads as recently as... twenty minutes ago! Maybe there's still hope.

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
JonnyIreland said:
Yes, it's weird now that this day has finally arrived. I'm sure many of us will be found over in the iPhone HD/4G section soon, lol.

Btw, thanks everyone for sharing in my happiness, :D

I might be looking at the 4g discussion but I am still in contract with O2 until December. So unless there's some amazing life changing reason for me to upgrade and some miracle that means I'm not going to get bent over a barrell for it, I will be living vicariously thru you guys for a while.

Besides, after the iPad frenzy and considering all the interesting things I have in mind for it, I don't think I can stand much more excitement.

Oh, alright then, maybe a litte bit. :)

pfft

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Off thread topic but as the new iPhone has been mentioned.....

I think I've read it somewhere already but I go back to my 3GS and it's like I've trebled in size, it looks tiny (obviously) after the iPad. I don't think that the new phone will have enough to impress me into buying it. It might be HD with cameras all over it and it might be so fast that it opens apps before you even know you want to open them but it's gonna be small!

The iPad started life being called a big iPod Touch but for me the new iPhone is (probably) just going to be a small iPad.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
At long last, my iPad arrived, courtesy of TNT, this Saturday morning at 10.30am. Only 2.5 days late.

Off to sync it and then play time!

paul

You definitely get the patience medal for this thread. Enjoy - it's awesome - far better than I was expecting and I nearly didn't bother ordering one.

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
You definitely get the patience medal for this thread. Enjoy - it's awesome - far better than I was expecting and I nearly didn't bother ordering one.

indeed... I wonder if you were the last to receive one from the original May 10th order bunch?

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
I was thinking the same thing. I think everyone seems to have been sorted now. Fingers crossed.

Well for those in the High Wycombe area. I was in square (apple reseller on high street) this morning, I asked them if they had ipads and they said yes plenty. The shop wasn't busy, just a few people milling around. They had four ipads on display to play with.

They also had a number of third party iPad cases on the shelves.

C8XY

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2008
I didn't pre-order, just walked in to a currys and picked up an iPad with apple case! Using it now and it's amazing :)

Cripes

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2010
I was thinking the same thing. I think everyone seems to have been sorted now. Fingers crossed.

Oh the agony of it all...I pre-ordered a 64GB 3G with case and O2 micro-sim early on the 10th, and expected to get it on the 28th (as recently shown on the tracking info).

A call to TNT said the van was out and I might get it nearer to 6pm on the Friday, but no show. Early this evening (Sat) I got this message from Apple:

"Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

Unfortunately your order has been delayed in transit.
We now expect to deliver your order to you on 1st June"

How bad can it be :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.