General UltraFlat for iOS 7: the most refined flat theme ever.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cobbyco, Jan 15, 2014.

1. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It would be optimal to give him the bundle name of the app and all the different app icon names from the app's info.plist

2. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

I've got a bit of a backlog at the moment but I'll try to get them done soon!

----------

I usually just download the app so I know it works. Every app themed is installed on my iPod (no jokes).

3. cobbyco, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014

cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

1.1.0 has been released with iPad retina support for selected apps!

Folders from the previous versions seem to be left on the device after updating. Go into the following folder with iFile/iFunbox/an SSH program:
    /Library/Themes/
    Delete the folder 'UltraFlat for iOS 7.theme'. There should still be the folders ending with 'iPhone and iPod touch' and 'iPad retina' left. These are now the main theme folders for their respective devices.

4. jesere69 macrumors newbie

Hi, excellent theme, really liking your work, any chance of an icon for Sky+ as it's the only non-flat icon on my home screen. Would really appreciate this and the hard work on the theme in general.

5. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

It shall be done.

At some point within the next two weeks. I've already got a few requests queued up so I'll have to do them first. Also, thanks for downloading!

6. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

7. rutiger, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014

rutiger macrumors regular

Icons are great. I'm going to see if I can make some for apps I use. Curious if you have any of these requested already.

Cisco any connect
    Cisco Jabber im
    Cisco Webex
    Nike+ running
    Alaska airlines
    Speedtest.net
    Directv

8. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

I'll get them done for you soon. And I think DirecTV was already requested so that will be done sooner.

9. jesere69 macrumors newbie

Many thanks for replying, looking forward to completing my home screen with that icon. Cheers!

10. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Bottom left, what do you think?

Attached Files:

11. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

12. jesere69 macrumors newbie

Sweet! Love it, can't wait to see it on my screen! Cheers

13. 0000757 macrumors 68040

If that preview is a new Instagram icon, I'm excited.

I do have some icon requests. While the Facebook Paper app icon is already really nice, I'm curious to see what you would do/think about it. I don't need a new one, I'm just curious about your interpretation (or maybe you don't think it needs to be changed)

However, I do think the following need to be updated:

Pandora
    Kik
    CNN
    Onavo (more of just for me, but it could use it :p)

14. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Yep :D

And I'll get those icons done soon. Pandora was already requested and as a result I already have it ready for the next update.

As for Paper, I've yet to really look into the icon, but from a quick glance I'm fairly sure it both fits the Grid and uses just iOS 7 colours. I'm not sure I could do much to it.

15. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Made an icon for My EE two days ago, then they decide to update the app with a new icon that is IDENTICAL to mine!

16. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

17. yogarcia macrumors newbie

18. boobie12 macrumors 6502

i was wondering is there anyway you can make me two personal icons?, one for the verge app, and one for an rss reader? that would be greatly appreciated,

19. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Sure :) though due to the number of requests I've had they won't be ready for a few weeks.
    You're really not asking for a lot compared to some who give full lists of obscure apps to do!

20. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

I love the theme - but I have an iPad 2 - I was wondering how I would go about porting it - perhaps with some general directions. I've ported over basic things before like StatusBar and what not but have trouble with icons because they're a little bit more challenging.

Much appreciated.

21. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

I really want to make an non-retina iPad version, but I don't own an iPad 2/mini 1G, and I don't like the idea of releasing it without testing it out first. In fact, I can't even test on my mini 2G as it's activation locked on 7.1 beta 3 (I thought I'd removed that...). I might (sometime in the future) just release it and let people tell me if something looks wrong/doesn't work.

But for now, if you really want it on your iPad 2, I'd suggest using a tool such as GIMP to scale the iPad retina images down by half to 76x76 size, then renaming them to work with the theme (AppIcon76x76@2x.png would lose the @2x etc.). Icon names can also be found using a tool like AppInfo. You can just open up the theme folder using iFunbox/any other SSH app and move the icons to your computer and do what you want with them. With the theme installed, it's located in /Library/Themes/UltraFlat for iPad retina.theme/Bundles/

Sorry I can't be of any more help, but with a ton of icon requests to do plus porting it all over to the retina iPads, I just don't have time to work on much else.

22. cobbyco, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014

cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

1.1.1 Update:
    New 3rd party icons with several requests done.
    Design changes to some icons including a redesign for Instagram.

This update is for iPhone and iPod touch only.
    The iPad version has been put on hold as my iPad is currently not working.

[​IMG]

23. thedeejay, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014

thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Hey thanks. That was of great help. Maybe I'll be able to port it over. If yes then I'll post my results!

I can't seem to figure out Icon names for default apps. Some apps don't show under AppInfo. Any other method? THanks

24. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Go into the app's actual folder (using iFunbox just click on System or User Applications, then the app you want) then open up the Info.plist file using Notepad or something similar. It will give a list of all the icon names used, so just find the one for the non-retina iPads (usually will have '76' in the name but NOT @2x). If you're not sure it's the right icon name, find the icon itself in that folder and copy it over to your computer, then check to see if it is 76x76 in size. You can then just copy the icon name from there and rename the new flat icon.

----------

1.1.1 just got released (earlier than I expected) so get downloading!

25. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Will do. Thanks. I'll port it over this weekend and let you know how it goes#