General UltraFlat for iOS 7: the most refined flat theme ever.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cobbyco, Jan 15, 2014.

1. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

This should keep you going:
    MEGA Download link
    Just unzip the folder attached, copy it over to:
    /Library/Themes/
    then apply the theme in WinterBoard with it at the top of the list, and respring.

Also, Nike+ Running should already be themed on iPhone and iPod touch. Make sure your using 1.2.1.
    If it isn't theming, tell me and I'll fix it.

2. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

You'll be pleased to know I've just started work on the icons you requested! I'll have them all done in the next week or so. Unfortunately, I might not get time to re-render them for the iPad 2, so you may have to get the iPad retina versions and scale them down by half.

3. MadMen, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014

MadMen Suspended

Thanks! Now I get how it works!

And thanks with the Nike+ Running icon, after respring it works for me too. Looks very nice!

4. MadMen Suspended

Is it possible to make another calendar app with a "live icon" like the apple ios 7 calendar app?

5. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

No, but there is another way to do it. It's possible to make one app's icon link to a different app, so you could have the Calendar app icon link to Fantastical 2 for example. OpenOther does this, though I'm not sure it works on iOS 7.

Also, you could rename the Calendar app to match that of the app it's linking to (so for example, Fantastical). This can be done through a simple edit to Calendar's Info.plist file. Google will help you here.

6. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

7. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Coming soon...

[​IMG]
    (It's a redesigned Settings.)​

8. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

1.2.2 is out! It includes a new Settings icon, as well as new icons for iPad retina devices.

Get downloading!

9. yogarcia macrumors newbie

10. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

I'm currently preparing a '2.0' update with every icon completely re-rendered at every size on every device. Literally everything will be properly rendered per-pixel, so iPhone, iPod touch and iPad non-retina users will see a great improvement in overall sharpness and clarity (iPad retina icons are already rendered this way). The new Settings icon in 1.2.2 is an example of where this has already been done (try a Spotlight search). Don't expect the update for a while though.

On a side note, I'll be pushing out a tiny 1.2.3 update that mainly fixes the old Settings icon on iPad non-retina still being there. That should come in the next few days.

11. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

cobbyco, that's great. Your theme really makes iOS 7 look attractive and coherent... Your work is awesome. Here's my current home screen, and I think it looks extremely clean and readable, yet very pretty:

[​IMG]

The only feedback I have at this point is that I think you should use less white.
    iOS 7 already has too many white icons on the App Store and I think it kills variety (and can also have that dreaded "retina torch" effect on occasion). Your recent icons are also white. Don't get me wrong, they look great, but if you're thinking of redesigning some icons I'm thinking a bit more color variety would look great. Here's an example of all the white icons I could find (and I really don't have a lot of apps installed):
    [​IMG]

12. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Thanks!
    That will be something I'll consider whilst going over all the icons. I do like to use white in icons, but in most cases preferably as a secondary colour.

Here's an early look at what the 2.0 update will look like. Again, most of the changes are in the quality of rendering; its much easier to see the per-pixel improvements by zooming into the icons and comparing them to the current 1.2.2 versions. The only icon I've really redesigned is Photos, and that's just a subtle change:

[​IMG]

13. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

14. ThatElijahGuy macrumors member

ThatElijahGuy

Hey cobby, I have a request for some icons.

Here's the list of icons (if you can) make for the iPad Retina version (and everything else) (take your time, no rush as this is a long list)

• Yahoo Weather
    • Yahoo Finance
    • Imgupr
    • Dark Sky
    • Songza
    • Smash Hit
    • WolframAlpha (non viewer)
    • HBO GO
    • Google Drive
    • Play Music
    • Chromecast
    • Google Authenticator
    • Comedy Central
    • IFTTT (iPad)
    • RealPlayer Cloud
    • Rdio
    [whenever you do the Yahoo apps, try to not put "yahoo" branding, but I don't mind]
    2.0 also looks great!

(again; sorry for the big hull of icons, it's just something that I would like for my iPad Mini Retina.)

15. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Hi there,
    Currently I'm working on 2.0 (it's taking forever) but I promise once that update is out I'll get to work on your requests. If you don't mind, remind me to do them when 2.0 comes out, just in case I do forget!

16. ThatElijahGuy, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014

ThatElijahGuy macrumors member

ThatElijahGuy

Ah, thanks for the quick reply.

I might add Office 365 stuff to the list, or the Apple Pages, Number & Keynote.

Again, thanks for the quick reply and I hope 2.0 is doing well.

17. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Will you ever be theming the icons in notifications in banners and the LS?

18. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Yep! That's part of 2.0.

19. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Looking forward to it! Any approximate ETA?

20. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Before the end of April.

21. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Expect a donation around the same time then :D

22. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Can we get a BBC News icon? Surprised you don't have that themed already since you're from the UK :p

23. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Haha I'll get that done soon!

24. ThatElijahGuy macrumors member

ThatElijahGuy

Oh god yes.
    I'm also gonna donate around the end of April too, first theme I really love.

Oh, a general question. Do you mind if the user changes an icon in the root back to the default? (for personal use) [such as changing the spotify icon back or etc]

Just wondering, thanks again for the amazing theme and I cannot wait for 2.0!

25. cobbyco thread starter macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Thanks!
    And once you've downloaded the theme, you can change want you want. Just go to:
    /Library/Themes/UltraFlat (whatever device)/Bundles/
    and then delete the folder of the icon you want to stop theming. If you ever want the flat icon again, just uninstall and reinstall the theme.