Unable to connect to wifi for software update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by steve31, Apr 26, 2015.

1. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Is anyone else having trouble when going to settings/general/check for software update?
    My watch says unable to check because not hooked up to wifi. Even though I am connected to wifi and can pull down info on the watch. I know that there is no update yet but this is not working for me. I've talked to Apple and am in connect with the engineering department about this. Just seeing if it's a problem others might be having.

2. eXoenDo macrumors member

eXoenDo

I can confirm that I am also seeing this issue.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Yep. Same thing here. I tried yesterday and got the same error you're reporting. Haven't tried today.

I would imagine if there was a release, we'd have heard about it through other means (especially as Apple had mentioned an upcoming one to address some reviewers issues).

4. Jamesk811 macrumors 6502

Its a commonly reported issue, but its probably like that because there is no update.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm seeing this. I didn't see this right after I got my watch on Friday :confused:

6. steve31, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

steve31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

steve31

Ok. They are calling me back in a couple of days. I will report back. I tried resetting the watch and iPhone. Tried a different iPhone. Didn't solve it. So maybe this might save someone some time. The engineers I talked with haven't herd of this problem before and seem concerned that this might become a problem when an update is released.

7. johnnyapples33d macrumors member

I'm having the same issues. Just subscribed to this thread in hopes of an update.

8. kpewpew macrumors newbie

I wonder if the issue is that your iPhone is connected to a 5ghz-only network. I read that the watch copies whatever network your phone is connected to - if this is true, then the watch cannot connect because it uses 2.4ghz only.

Personally, I set my router to transmit both 2.4ghz and 5ghz on the same network name (SSID) so I don't have any issues.

However, if your watch is indicating that it's connected to wifi then this is not the issue.

9. dedufour41 macrumors regular

dedufour41

On day one it worked for me, but hasn't since and I get the message as well. I'll look into the ghz as a possibility. Seems logical to me, thanks!! #

10. steve31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

steve31

Not me. I transmit 2.4 and 5 also. My watch is connecting to wifi but for some reason when I try to check on a software update is says I'm not.

11. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Same issue here. Was able to connect to the update server on Friday and Saturday, but not today.

12. Sludgepond macrumors regular

Sludgepond

Same here. Worked on Friday. I don't think it's a ghz issue since my iPhone is connected and registered to 5ghz only.

13. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Intersting- I only let my iPhone use the 5ghz band of my router and get the same message.

14. RonPlus6 macrumors member

RonPlus6

15. Berenger macrumors newbie

Same thing for me. Either on wifi or LTE, I get an error message that I'm not connected to Internet. When I am.

Server issue I guess..