Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
hi guys
more than 3 days trying to install Windows on my new MacBook retina 12-inch throw BootCamp with no success , i tried every thing such as

- tried on yousemite
- tried on el capitan
- tried with usb 2.0
- tried with usb 3.0
-tried with external dvd rom
-tried install windows without usb (the new way)
- tried windows 8.1
-tried windows 10

i'm going crazy i don't know the problem ??
when BootCamp reboot stuck on Black Screen and nothing happen , i wait long time with no result ???

plz help !!

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Have you tried holding the option key when it reboots? This should let you see all the boot options and from there you can select your Windows install media.

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Have you tried holding the option key when it reboots? This should let you see all the boot options and from there you can select your Windows install media.

Thank you for trying help , I did this already and only efi boot shown and when I choose it stuck on black screen?

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
That's strange. I installed Windows on my rMB with no problems. Maybe delete the partition in OS X, wipe the entire drive, do a complete reinstall of OS X, and then try again? I've installed Windows on lots of Macs and only had a problem once, and that's how I ended up getting it to work. Sorry I can't be more helpful and I hope you get it working.

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
man i am installing windows via bootcamp more than 7 years with all kind of mac computers , this is the only problem that i faced ?

i re installed os x more than 4 times with no result!

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
That's too bad and I feel your pain, unfortunately I can't offer any more advice as I didn't have a problem with Windows on my rMB. Maybe take it to an Apple store if there's one near you?

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Thank you man we have no apple store , when I hold alt I got only efi boot like the attached pic
[doublepost=1455414177][/doublepost]Did u used apple usb c adapter? Or other mark?

Attachments

• 20160214_042612.jpg
    20160214_042612.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 475

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Thank you man we have no apple store , when I hold alt I got only efi boot like the attached pic
[doublepost=1455414177][/doublepost]Did u used apple usb c adapter? Or other mark?

Is this all you are seeing even with a USB thumb drive in with the windows install on and the windows drivers ?

IE you don't have the option to boot from USB

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
hi guys
more than 3 days trying to install Windows on my new MacBook retina 12-inch throw BootCamp with no success , i tried every thing such as

- tried on yousemite
- tried on el capitan
- tried with usb 2.0
- tried with usb 3.0
-tried with external dvd rom
-tried install windows without usb (the new way)
- tried windows 8.1
-tried windows 10

i'm going crazy i don't know the problem ??
when BootCamp reboot stuck on Black Screen and nothing happen , i wait long time with no result ???

plz help !!

During my Windows 10 install via Boot Camp on my RMB the screen would hang when I was connected to wi-fi.

So I connected via Ethernet and that solved all my problems. It looks like the install wants to pull down some files and Ethernet makes it happen quickly.

Also, the sequencing matters. The new version of Boot Camp with the new drivers needs to be installed after Windows 10 installs, Boot Camp needs to go "atop" Windows 10 to get the F keys and the Bluetooth working.

BJ

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
During my Windows 10 install via Boot Camp on my RMB the screen would hang when I was connected to wi-fi.

So I connected via Ethernet and that solved all my problems. It looks like the install wants to pull down some files and Ethernet makes it happen quickly.

Also, the sequencing matters. The new version of Boot Camp with the new drivers needs to be installed after Windows 10 installs, Boot Camp needs to go "atop" Windows 10 to get the F keys and the Bluetooth working.

BJ
Agreed, I just used the OSX bootcamp utility to make the windows partition and create the USB drive with Win10 and bootcamp windows drivers

I just restarted using the option key and selected USB to start the windows install and then finally install the bootcamp drivers

You may run into a problem as sometimes the trackpad is not found and the 1st 2 items on the windows install can't be selected, just whip out the usb drive stick a cable mouse in do the 2 selections and quickly stick the usb drive back in to continue

Reactions: boltjames

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016

BJ
man how you caonnect via Ethernet with usb-c ??
[doublepost=1455449817][/doublepost]
Agreed, I just used the OSX bootcamp utility to make the windows partition and create the USB drive with Win10 and bootcamp windows drivers

I just restarted using the option key and selected USB to start the windows install and then finally install the bootcamp drivers

You may run into a problem as sometimes the trackpad is not found and the 1st 2 items on the windows install can't be selected, just whip out the usb drive stick a cable mouse in do the 2 selections and quickly stick the usb drive back in to continue
So you installed windows 10 on MacBook retina 12-inch via bootcamp?? because i just came from alot of stores and all said windows can not be installed to this macBook with usb-c yet ??

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
So you installed windows 10 on MacBook retina 12-inch via bootcamp?? because i just came from alot of stores and all said windows can not be installed to this macBook with usb-c yet ??

Apple%20USB%20to%20ethernet%20adapter.jpg

There are several USB to ethernet adapters you can purchase very inexpensively, and you plug this into the USB-C adapter you purchase from Apple.

Whatever stores you're speaking to about installing Windows are giving you bad information. Just like the other poster, I am running Windows 10 flawlessly on my RMB and I installed it via a USB thumb drive through the Apple USB-C adapter.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...DAeOgaAqko8P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&Q=&A=details

BJ

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Apple%20USB%20to%20ethernet%20adapter.jpg

There are several USB to ethernet adapters you can purchase very inexpensively, and you plug this into the USB-C adapter you purchase from Apple.

Whatever stores you're speaking to about installing Windows are giving you bad information. Just like the other poster, I am running Windows 10 flawlessly on my RMB and I installed it via a USB thumb drive through the Apple USB-C adapter.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...DAeOgaAqko8P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&Q=&A=details

BJ
You are the hero man , I will try this soon

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles

BJ and I exclusively run Windows on our rMB I don't think your problem is the Ethernet you seem to be trying to do it without a USB thumb drive via the Apple USB adapter plugged in to the USB -C port

Even the standard OSX menu for installing windows says do it this way with the wizard 1/2/3 steps

No wonder your having problems :) it's the same method on any mac just with the rMB you need the adapter due to USB C only port

Last edited:

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Guys I'm going crazy I bought apple usb-c adapter and I make a usb install with it , the same problem ???
[doublepost=1455475983][/doublepost]may be the usb should be formatted to some thing different before using bootcamp ??

Attachments

• 20160214_213805.jpg
    20160214_213805.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 382

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
guys what exactly windows build did you installed? i thing the problem in the windows builds!

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Guys I'm going crazy I bought apple usb-c adapter and I make a usb install with it , the same problem ???
[doublepost=1455475983][/doublepost]may be the usb should be formatted to some thing different before using bootcamp ??

Where is your failure happening and what exactly is the failure?
The USB needs to be a USB 2.0 drive, it needs to be formatted as FAT and it needs to be one single MBR partition.

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Where is your failure happening and what exactly is the failure?
The USB needs to be a USB 2.0 drive, it needs to be formatted as FAT and it needs to be one single MBR partition.
i used 2.0 and 3.0 both formatted as fat and one single MBR partition all fail , and the failure happen when bootcamp reboot it stuck in windows 8.1 on windows logo then black screen while in windows 10 stuck on black screen with no windows logo ?

i tried many type of windows 8.1 and 10 with the same failure

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
i used 2.0 and 3.0 both formatted as fat and one single MBR partition all fail , and the failure happen when bootcamp reboot it stuck in windows 8.1 on windows logo then black screen while in windows 10 stuck on black screen with no windows logo ?

i tried many type of windows 8.1 and 10 with the same failure

I installed a virgin copy of Windows 10 on my RMB, you don't want to mess with Windows 8, and it worked easily. You are using a 64bit fully purchased and licensed version of Windows 10, yes?

If so, do what this says, to the letter, exactly:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-windows-10-macbook

For specific help from Boot Camp experts, go here:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

BJ

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
guys what exactly windows build did you installed? i thing the problem in the windows builds!

This is how I did it as I installed W10 on 4 macs 2xrMB, 1xMBA and 1xMBP

I downloaded Win10 ISO file 64bit Pro from MS and saved it on my desktop

I create the partition using the wizard

In OSX I ran the bootcamp wizard to DL the Windows drivers for bootcamp, it saves it to a USB drive and formats it for you to FAT32 it also mounts the ISO file just follow the instructions

The wizard then re-boots you to start the win10 install from the USB drive, if this fails or seems problematic just power down and startup holding the command button and boot from the USB to start the Win10 install

Select the partition to be installed on and re-format it and then continue with the install, if you get stuck with trackpad not working at first see my previous tip on plugging in a hardwired mouse for 2 clicks

After Win 10 is installed you run the bootcamp setup from the USB to install all the drivers

(On subsequent installs I did not have to create the USB each time)

Your problem maybe as you have tried so many times the little extra partitions created during the install has confused the OSX wizard, if the manual boot to the USB using the command key also fails you may find you get error messages in win10 or in OSX if you re-run the wizard. This can be fixed by deleting these little partitions and merging them back from OSX disc utility and start over with the partition and just manual boot to the USB.

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
thank you guys really thank you , i tried every every thing and still stuck in that black windows and i'm going crazy , still one thing i did not try is windows 8 not 8.1 i will try it tody

in Cider

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2016
Are you sure the source of your install media is free of errors (i.e. a good md5sum)?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
any one ??
What do you plan to run on Windows 10? Is virtualization an option? I run Windows 10 on Parallels Desktop.

Also, perhaps you've done this, but did you format the Windows partition within the Windows installation routine before installing it? Boot Camp just creates the partition. It doesn't format it as NTFS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.