Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ourcore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Hey, guys,

I've been running the iOS 10 betas on my iPhone and iPad and I had previously set my iPad to work as the HomeKit home hub, but when tvOS 10 dropped, I turned it off and hopes of using my Apple TV instead. Well, I've had no such luck.

I've made sure the iPad is no longer used as a home hub, and somehow, Siri voice commands work, but there are no HomeKit-related settings in tvOS. Possibly related, the HomeKit settings pane has disappeared from my iPhone. In the "Automation" tab on the HomeKit app, it says there's no hub found, but with no information as to how to configure one...

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Hey, guys,

I've been running the iOS 10 betas on my iPhone and iPad and I had previously set my iPad to work as the HomeKit home hub, but when tvOS 10 dropped, I turned it off and hopes of using my Apple TV instead. Well, I've had no such luck.

I've made sure the iPad is no longer used as a home hub, and somehow, Siri voice commands work, but there are no HomeKit-related settings in tvOS. Possibly related, the HomeKit settings pane has disappeared from my iPhone. In the "Automation" tab on the HomeKit app, it says there's no hub found, but with no information as to how to configure one...

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!
[doublepost=1474492174][/doublepost]Do you have two step verification set up? I wasn't able to use apple tv as homekit hub until I set that up.

Once you have that set up, you should see homekit listed under the iCloud tab in settings on apple tv

Reactions: satcomer

ourcore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
I got it working by signing out of iCloud on my Apple TV, signing back in, and restarting the device. I was missing the HomeKit option under Settings>Accounts>iCloud until doing so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.