Unauthorized charge to account + funny pic!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NYR99, Feb 1, 2010.

1. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Ok, so my AT&T bill gets paid from my online banking automatically, therefor I never really look at my bill. Well, today I was bored so I went to ATT.com, logged into my account and checked out my bill. Turns out, I was being charged $10/month + tax for a text message service subscription called "Too Lazy, LLC".

I never authorized this and have never heard of "Too Lazy". I googled it and it turns out that this has happened to a lot of other people as well.

So, I called 611 from my iPhone to talk to an AT&T rep and they said I have been charged by Too Lazy for the past 6 months. I told her I had no idea what this was, etc... So, she told me she would credit my account for $60. I was happy. She also confirmed that I would no longer be charged for this.

So to make a long story even longer, check your phone bill carefully to make sure you're not being charged for anything like this!

ALSO

I went into an AT&T store today to start the discount I get from my employer. This is what I saw when I walked in:

[​IMG]

I don't know, but it made me laugh a bit.

2. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

wow, that's pretty hilarious about the windows screensaver, i guess someone needs to go move the mouse in the back.

On another note, that's cool they refunded you the money!

Rob

3. Mischka07 macrumors regular

Post that picture on Failblog, let's see if it gets any votes.

4. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

What would have been even better would be an Apple Store with that.

It's an ATT store well thats not all that bad. Funny but yeah.

5. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

It's kinda funny, but not a fail. It's at and AT&T store, not apple. AT&T can use a windows PC, they're not required to use a mac cuz of the iPhone

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The irony is a company called "Too lazy" has been charging people that are too lazy to check their bill.

7. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco: No, I think it is a fail.

LIVEFRMNYC: haha, I guess you are right. I guess I will periodically check my bill.

8. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Plus, wouldn't Apple pay for that in-store display, considering it is an advertisement for their phone? That means Apple probably provided AT&T stores with cheap PC's to run the big iPhone simulator.

9. joebobthehob macrumors member

You may not have known it, but you definitely did authorize them. AT&T may be a crappy company in general, but even they don't randomly add subscriptions to your bill.

If you ever give out your cell phone number online, or send a text message to any number that's a "short code" (anything other than a normal 10 digit telephone number), always always always read the fine print. Because almost every single one of these subscriptions lives in the fine print.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That is not all I have seen. There have been reports of actual BSODs over the iPhone marketing screens, that's even worse.

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

All the reports I've seen of supposed BSODs on iPhone store display screens have actually just been bootup screens. True BSODs are extremely rare.

I've heard the iPhone store display is a Flash movie, btw. Anyone know for sure?

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D

13. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I did notice that the macbook the genius used to activate my iphone was running windows xp; this was at the apple store in the Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island.

14. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol. I also live on Long Island. I go to the Apple Store in the Smithhaven Mall.

15. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

LOL. Apple Stores need to upgrade to Windows 7 now :D