I have an iPhone 5 under contract. I am offering AT&T to pay the ETF and keep using their service (this will make them big $$$). They still refused to do it and gave me the runaround. They claim I would first have to cancel the line, then wait 14 days. This sounds ridiculous to me. After the third call, a supervisor told me that an unlock request is pending and to wait 8 days until a decision is made regarding that request.