Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rikahlberg

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
Wow! that box is just amazing, i love the totally square nature of it, very iPhone or, dare i say, Apple 2.0

Mine arrived yesterday (I'm writing this from it) and the box itself is quite a change from the typical MacBook box. First, there's no handle. Second, it opens like the iPhone box. Finally, the construction is much more like the iPhone box in its sturdiness. It seems a shame to recycle it, so I'll keep it around for a while. And the entire computer is wrapped in clear plastic like an iPhone or iPod; no more foam sleeve.

abrooks

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
London, UK
Over at 9to5mac there is a video of the MBAs in the 5th ave store. (see it here) and someone picked up on what appears to be a pass through USB lock keeping them attached to the table.
Was anyone there to witness these? Do they look like they work well? Do you think Apple will be selling them?

It appears to me that it is an ethernet adapter. Apple uses ethernet cables on all their notebooks in stores, when it is unplugged the alarm goes off.

tothelimit

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
South Florida
It appears to me that it is an ethernet adapter. Apple uses ethernet cables on all their notebooks in stores, when it is unplugged the alarm goes off.

i watched the video again and i'm relatively positive that its not an ethernet adapter. you can see that it still has a USB port on the pass through end. and as further evidence that it is not an ethernet adapter... there is no ethernet cable connected to it.

Edit: this was confirmed in another thread. its a USB alarm. apparently when its removed from the USB slot it makes an awful loud noise. this may become more annoying for apple employees than having to delete thousands of photobooth pictures of eleventeen year old girls making kissy faces every night. :D

macam

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2005
Greater London, UK
Look, appreciate, keep walking; don't tear it off the wall, cut it from its frame, stuff in your bag and make a mad dash for the nearest exit.

Sanford - you're so right... I am using logic and I am not going to buy one... But man - it's so pretty... :)

Hopefully the nextgen Macbook Pro's will have the larger trackpad with multi-touch input... Now that would make the MBP a more suitable option for me... and I would think a lot of people out there... If they could improve the form factor too then that would be something that would make the MBP a VERY exciting proposition and my next Mac.

macam.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
So bloody typical. All the whiners always complain everytime some Apple product comes out.. but the minute the suckers see it in person.. they want it. :D

Absolutely. Reminds me of apple's last turkey, the "fatty" nano.
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.