Unboxing video + pics of 17" Core i5 MacBook Pro

rodrigo7

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2010
That's awesome man!
You were pretty fast I have to say. Looking forward for some benchmarking!

Thanks

Wehrwolf

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
Wow the black bezel looks thinner. Or is it me?
The bezel has always been significantly thinner on the 17" compared with the 13" and 15". I personally don't think the 2010 bezel is any different from the 2009 one; at least based on that photo.

cys920622

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2010
Like a lot of you, I've been holding out for the new MacBook Pro's. Today was the day. I almost sprung for the 15" Hi-Res but decided to go all out and buy the 17" with the 1920x1080 screen. I've owned pretty much all of the Mac notebooks since the PowerBook days (12", 13", 15", and 17") and there is something about the 17" that sets it apart from the rest. It is hands down the sexiest 17" notebook on the market today. I just love it.

Anyway, here's the video and some pics below. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBNJ02ginLI
Very cool. Nice speedbike too.

gonzaload1987

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Congratulations for that purchase :D

I was wondering if you could tell me how heavy is it, and if is it too difficult to carry around from one side to another? I'm between this and the 15'' model and it's tough one :(

grahamnp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2008
Is it just me or is that a matte screen with a black bezel? If it is, the new matte versions look a lot better than the previous ones. Congratulations on your new laptop!

Repo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Is it just me or is that a matte screen with a black bezel? If it is, the new matte versions look a lot better than the previous ones. Congratulations on your new laptop!
It's interesting how it looks matte in the photo, but it is in fact glossy.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
I know that you love yours because I LOVE MINE!! :D

Isnt it amazing just HOW FAST these are??

I'm still in awe right now, as these i5/i7 machines are a true desktop replacement. They are fast and rock solid!

WiLLGT09

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
This is the MacBook Pro I'm going to get (with SSD and Anti-Glare added)!

Indeed, there is something alluring about the 17" MBP. Coming from a 12" PowerBook and now a 13" MacBook, the 17" looks HUGE. I can't wait to see what it's like. I'm looking forward to all that portable screen real estate. Mmm.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Congratulations for that purchase :D

I was wondering if you could tell me how heavy is it, and if is it too difficult to carry around from one side to another? I'm between this and the 15'' model and it's tough one :(
It really comes down to your own preference. I personally don't find it as an issue to carry around a 17" compared to a 15". The foot print is slightly larger and it does weigh just a little bit more but it's not a deal breaker. The screen space that comes with it makes it totally worth it. I'd say go for it. I seriously doubt you will regret your decision.

hajime

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2007
I think the matte version has a silver bezel.

iNewbie

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2006
Heat question

How hot does it get? My older gen macs 13in and really old 17 inch both get quite warm...

Thanks

Apple.MBPro

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Nope, it's glossy for sure. It's just the angle that I took the picture from. Pictures can be deceiving. :)
The lighting is perfect and your angle (like you said) is also good for taking pictures of anti-glare screens. Anyways, congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new MBP.