Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
- What is the Unibody Macbooks display made from?
- Wil it scratch?
- Will the keyboard hit it?
- For some off reason my keyboard backlight wont turn on, it just has a O with a / going through it. And its a 2.4ghz model.
- For some off reason my keyboard backlight wont turn on, it just has a O with a / going through it. And its a 2.4ghz model.
- Its also plugged in charged at 95%, and it says not charging.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I have the 17" model.

I've always used a protector with my previous MBP/PBs (used to use leather one, but last was just microfiber cloth). With this design, I don't see how the keys could contact the screen, and I haven't seen any evidence yet.

The display is covered with glass - I think it will be far more resistant to damage.

The keyboard won't illuminate if the ambient light is above a certain level. Try shading the sensor (to the left of the iSight camera) and see if they come on.

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
- What is the Unibody Macbooks display made from?
- Wil it scratch?
- Will the keyboard hit it?
- Its also plugged in charged at 95%, and it says not charging.

1. The screen is made of glass.
2. It CAN scratch, but it is very doubtful it will. This is the same kind of glass they make car windshields out of.
3. No. There have been a few cases where people will have keyboard marks on their screen, meaning the keyboard is hitting it, but this is not normal, and they got them replaced.
4. The backlight will only turn on and be adjustable if you're in a dark room. Google the program Lab Tick if you want more control over it.
5. The battery won't always charge to a full 100%.

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
- For some off reason my keyboard backlight wont turn on, it just has a O with a / going through it. And its a 2.4ghz model

You can only activate your backlight on the keybaord if you're in a dark enough environment/room due to the built-in ambient light sensor that is located close to the iSight camera at the top of the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.