Unibody MBP Screen Bleeding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iJesus, Jan 24, 2009.

1. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Is this common for Unibody MBP's? I remember not having a single issue like this on my Early 2008 MBP. It's really bothersome when watching movies.

Attached Files:

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

3. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

Get it exchanged. "Never settle for less."

Apple may say its "within acceptable [idk what word to put here, specifications?]" but just complain and say how bothersome and distracting it is.

4. lordthistle macrumors 6502

I used to consider my unibody screen excellent (in low-light), but after reading messages like this I launched Front Row and I have that kind of bleeding: I will not ask for an exchange because I am tired. I received this unibody as an exchange for my early 2008 MBP that has spent a lot of time in service. I do not want to start again.

In normal conditions, I'd consider that bleeding unacceptable.

thistle

5. iJesus thread starter macrumors 6502a

iJesus

I'm in the exact same position as you. I'm tired of having to deal with the Geniuses. I feel like such an a**hole going into my Apple Store because I'm in there "complaining" so much about my MBP. I received this Unibody MBP as an exchange for my old Early 2008 MBP as well.

:(

6. stooley macrumors regular

Mine is the same way unfortunately...along with the screen going black while using the dedicated graphics cards and a few other things...

7. Crash1234 macrumors regular

Unfortunately yes, it's normal and also unfortunately, as bad as that looks, it's not that bad comparatively to others I've owned (returned), or others I've seen on display in stores. No joking, most of the mbps I saw in two apple stores had light bleed so bad that you could see it on a white safari screen with the bright store lights. I would say get an exchange but you might get something even worse. My screen doesn't have bad spotlights like yours but mine does have vertical stripes of bleed noticeable in low light conditions which is equally as annoying, but sadly, not worth returning since I've seen what else is out there. Yes, there are going to be people who have screens with very minimal bleed, but it seems like most are around this level.

8. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Another reason I am not returning it is the glassy screen. I do not normally see that bleeding with light colors and I do not use black or dark colors due to reflections.

So I just keep this one that, in normal viewing conditions, is not bad at all (except for its glassy nature).

- thistle