Unlimited Plan turned off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleGeek, Jun 28, 2010.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

I have been a customer of AT&T since December of 2007, and since then, have kept the Unlimited Data and Messaging Plan. Then, with the fiasco of my iPhone- 3G-to-PAYG-back-to-iPhone-4, it seems to disappear with every change of phone.

Can I call AT&T and get this worked out? The 2GB of data per month is about to be used up with my iPhone.

2. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

The unlimited plan isn't offered anymore but some people claim that they have been able to get it re-added. YMMV :apple::)

3. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

When I switched to a PAYG phone in May, I was able to re-add the package. But, when I switched to iPhone 4, it disappeared again. I'm just wondering if I could now.

4. coelacanth macrumors 6502

If you officially taken unlimited data off from your account when you switched to PAYG phone, probably you are out of luck. If you can convince CS that unlimited went missing by accident, there maybe a chance.

I recommend using unlocked damn "feature" phone for transition periods. I had no problem with bridging both Nexus One and MotoRokr during between 3GS and 4G.

So you actually removed unlimited data from your account in May? (while confirming you could re-add then) If that's the case, it's unlikely you can get unlimited data back. :(

5. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hm. I guess I'll be spending a few minutes on the phone with AT&T, then.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

7. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I've had the 1400 voice minutes and unlimited Data and Text for 3 years. Today I was preparing to pay my bill and noticed AT$T Changed my plan without letting me know to 200 minutes voice, 250 mb data and no text messaging.

I went into the local store and found a 3 year old at the counter who had to call the 4 year old manager. She tells me it was a mistake and would change my plan back to what I've had for the last 3 years.

Wanna bet tomorrow it's not been done?
    Wanna bet I will have to go back to the Store again and talk with a different manager?

AT$T really does need to simply fire themselves and make the Stores all self serve with kiosks.

8. gilbo macrumors member

be nice and calm about it, (TRUST ME), and depending on the rep u get, u should b able 2 get it switched back, i goofed up and accidentally signed up my wife's iphone4 as 2g :eek::eek::eek::eek: and she called att and got it switched back

9. gilbo macrumors member

my wife plan was switched back within 15 minutes, after she called

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's likely that your wife isn't the type to refer to AT&T as AT$T. ;)
    OP, if you're eligible for the unlimited plan it should be easy to get it back.

11. Middiebear macrumors member

It's kind of annoying when customers call in with this problem; but right now there is a work-around in the system that will pretty much easily allow CSRs to re-add the unlimited data plan if it was removed.

The system won't allow us to back date the change though so be aware of the pro-ration involved when making changes to your account mid-cycle.

Also, the system might not be so kind in the future... So if your unlimited iPhone data plan was removed, i'd call asap to have a CSR add it back.

12. gilbo macrumors member

so very true, dont delay in calling

13. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just gave AT&T a call, and the lady I talked to automatically told me, "I'm sorry sir, but there is no way to re-add the package once it was deleted."

Try again?

14. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

this happen to me as i used a loaner phone after selling my 3G ...waiting for the iphone4 launch. i called that day i got the 4, and they went and changed my plan back to UL. dont know if they still are doing it.

15. Middiebear macrumors member

Yup, don't be rude either if you want help...

And make sure you're giving a good reason why the unlimited data plan should be added back.

16. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I had 5 iPhones all with unlimited, I ordered 3 iPhone 4's and ended up buying two because Apple cancelled my orders on two of them for some reason. Whell, at the store the Apple guy gave me his iPhone with the AT&T upgrade / checkout stuff as all the stores use... sure enough it asks you what data plan you want to select and the unlimited is still an option for $30, it also lists the others.

17. gilbo macrumors member

sure i would , it cant hurt

18. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

it's not possible for it to get added back. it's a dead feature in their computers.

19. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm off for a second attempt. Hopefully this time it goes better.

20. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, like the first time, they said it was unavailable.

If only the people at Walmart never took my Unlimited plan off...

21. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Walmart?! really? WALMART?!

22. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, Walmart. I hadn't pre-ordered, so it was the only place to go and get one.

23. Middiebear macrumors member

You could keep trying; the work-around can be done...

24. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is there anything in particular I should tell them?