Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bowlerguy10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
At my computer
How much would this cost me? I would add the phone to my current talking plan so let's not worry about that. How much would both of those things cost me a month together?

mtfield

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2008
Texting plan options?

I was wondering a similar thing.. since data is $30 and 200 texts is $5, what are the prices for 1500 sms and unlimited sms? also does at&t have free texting to other at&t members or is it just my imagination?

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
I was wondering a similar thing.. since data is $30 and 200 texts is $5, what are the prices for 1500 sms and unlimited sms? also does at&t have free texting to other at&t members or is it just my imagination?

1500 SMS costs $15
Unlimited SMS costs $20

So Unlimited Data+Unlimited SMS = $50

These new prices are right inline with the other PDA's that AT&T offers.

LVdustin

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
$50

$30 for 3G support which includes 200 text messages

But since you are getting unlimited texting, it's an extra 20

Just called AT&T, I had the same question.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Will the 3G iPhone ship with 2.0 software? I ask because how come Apple didn't say 2.0 software coming July 11th ??

Also, can we download files from the App Store on 3G that are over 10 MB ??

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
This is really simple guys/girls.

It is the same exact thing as AT&T's current PDA Plans.

Blackberry data -> $30
Treo data -> $30
Blackjack data -> $30
Tilt data -> $30

NOW

iPhone data -> $30

AT&T's Text Plans go like this:

200 -> $5
1500 -> $15
Unlimited -> $20

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Will the 3G iPhone ship with 2.0 software? I ask because how come Apple didn't say 2.0 software coming July 11th ??

Also, can we download files from the App Store on 3G that are over 10 MB ??

I don't believe so. They will have to be downloaded from iTunes.

Bowlerguy10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
At my computer
I really hate the fact that we have to activate in store meaning that I'm rushed in the opening process just to have to hand it over to some sweaty nerd to activate and likely scratch for me.....I'm not pleased.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I really hate the fact that we have to activate in store meaning that I'm rushed in the opening process just to have to hand it over to some sweaty nerd to activate and likely scratch for me.....I'm not pleased.

Neither am i, but I am sure AT&T gave Apple hell for all the unlocked phones.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Neither am i, but I am sure AT&T gave Apple hell for all the unlocked phones.

That and the workers at the AT&T stores prolly bitched up a storm because of commissions lost due to customers having to call apple to fix the "delayed activations".

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
That and the workers at the AT&T stores prolly bitched up a storm because of commissions lost due to customers having to call apple to fix the "delayed activations".

Overall, the data plan isn't too bad. If it came with 200 texts for the $30, i would be fairly content. Pissed off that you would have to pay for the texts. I think I wont get the texts, download a good AIM app, and do it through that. That should hopefully work.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
If I have to pay for a whole new talk plan and can't add the phone to my current one then I'm going to be pissed and not getting one!

Do you mean like a family plan? Because you will be able to do that. It would just cost your line $40 per month + whatever your putting on it text wise.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Overall, the data plan isn't too bad. If it came with 200 texts for the $30, i would be fairly content. Pissed off that you would have to pay for the texts. I think I wont get the texts, download a good AIM app, and do it through that. That should hopefully work.

Problem is AIM messages are charged as text messages on AT&T...

Bowlerguy10 said:
If I have to pay for a whole new talk plan and can't add the phone to my current one then I'm going to be pissed and not getting one!

I still have an old 600 minute plan... they shouldn't make you change...

Kyle Appleseed

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
Michigan

I have a little problem with germs so handing my brand new iPhone over to an AT&T employee might give me problems. I'm gonna have to tell them to keep the protective lining on the phone during activation.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
I have a little problem with germs so handing my brand new iPhone over to an AT&T employee might give me problems. I'm gonna have to tell them to keep the protective lining on the phone during activation.

I know if I was activating it... I would! ;)

If I were a manager I would tell all my employees to keep that film on there... last thing I would want are bitchy people holding up the line!

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Problem is AIM messages are charged as text messages on AT&T...

Wow, The more i read about this, the more I just think I'll get my current iPhone replaced for the $200 that it is. I was really looking forward to this, just like everyone else, but unless something changes, 3G and A-GPS is probably not worth it to me. Still can't wait till July 11 to see if its worth it...

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Wow, The more i read about this, the more I just think I'll get my current iPhone replaced for the $200 that it is. I was really looking forward to this, just like everyone else, but unless something changes, 3G and A-GPS is probably not worth it to me. Still can't wait till July 11 to see if its worth it...

It will be...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.