Unlock for iPhone 2g with broken power button

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kekx, Jan 18, 2011.

1. kekx macrumors newbie

Hey,

I have an iPhone 2g, which power button is broken since ages. So far it never mattered to me because it was already unlocked and I just added one of these gesture apps over cydia to lock the screen. Recently, when updating Cydia something went wrong and the iPhone wouldn't boot anymore.

So now I have to reinstall the iPhone. I can instal an official firmware witout problems, but because I don't have an official sim that doesn't help me at all. Normal Jailbreaking with redsnow or something similar is not posible because I can't enter DFU-mode regularly without the power button. I tried some way to enter the DFU-Mode by using a cmd-programm, but that only caused the phone to enter Recovery mode.

So I tried a custom firmware. But 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 custom firmwares are only causing 1604-error on all the computers I tried (about 10 diffrent ones). I used iTunes Versions 9.0.3, 9.1.0 and 10.1.1 but no diffrence. I tried all the normal fixes like using a diffrent usb-port, restarting iTunes, deleting old firmwares (also most were fresh set up iTunes) and stuff like that. Allways 1604... One idea left is that I have a broken cable, but I can restore an official firmware so that does not realy make sense.

I even tried to repair the power button myself but sadly i think i would need a new one (which is just not available in Bolivia where I stay right now and probably for the next 6 months)

Has anyone any other ideas how to unlock the iphone without power button? Or maybe how to acess the dfu-mode? Doing some tricks from recovery mode? Fixing the 1604-error?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, we need that power button working in order to do anything. DFU mode can't be entered without the Power button action. Hence, you can't fix your problem.