Unlock Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by leons, May 23, 2009.

1. leons macrumors 6502

I have Version 2.1, Modem 2.11.07.

1. Is it possible to Unlock without Jailbreak?

2. I need to Unlock either way. I have Windows, not Mac. Which tool will Unlock those versions under windows?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Jailbreak with pwnage tool (mac only) or with a custom 2.2.1 ipsw. Then you need to unlock the phone with yellowsn0w.

3. leons thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there any tool that can Jailbreak 2.1 with Windows?

4. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

theres a sticky somewhere that has instructions on how to unlock the iphone with mac or windows you just have to keep scrolling...

5. leons thread starter macrumors 6502

I read it, but see nothing about JB 2.1 using Windows. And I don't understand/know how to do "custom ipsw".

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You need to upgrade to 2.2 in iTunes (not 2.2.1) then you need to download a custom ipsw of 2.2.1 from the internet (google) and then hold shift and click restore in iTunes and click that file. And then you can download yellowsn0w and your device will be unlocked. :)

8. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

huh?

Why not just upgrade to 2.2 (needs to be downloaded) and then you hit either the Ctrl or Alt keys while clicking Restore (I don't have a PC but on a Mac it's the Command key) to restore the phone to 2.2 firmware which can be jailbroken by using WinPwn. Once jailbroken you can unlock with yellowsn0w.

I don't see any need for having 2.2.1 over 2.2 as it's only a minor change. I wouldn't download a "pre-packaged" custom ipsw from anyone as they could have put anything in there. :)

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No.

Sorry, but Windows can create custom .ipsw up to 2.0.2. Anything else is un-supported.