Unlocked iPhone 4 from Amazon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatdrewguy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

Will Amazon be selling the unlocked iPhone 4? Or other online retailers other than apple?

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I got mine directly from the Apple Store here in Miami factory unlocked. A hefty price to pay $801 (including taxes) :(

Well worth it.

3. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

5. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yeah that makes 100% sense.:eek::rolleyes: I don't think Apple would bias this based on economic status.

6. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Well I still feel bad I acted out off impulse and my wife got very mad of me last night, so in order to repair the problem I'll probably have to go return the unit back at Apple store this week :(

Yes I don't know what was I thinking to just blow $801 just like that (on a credit card ok). I was planning to pay the credit card back in 3 payments of $300 each. Every payday bi-weekly.

I don't know what to do as I got rid of the other iphone4 which I had gotten it factory unlocked in order to get me this one and was previously using an old palm Pre plus. :(

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Ouch, but it sounds like you should return it. Do you even need a unlocked iPhone? It would seem that you are running on the AT&T network anyways.

8. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Thank you so much for your sencere advise and yes I'm always on AT&T, I rarely travel out (last time was in 2007). I will go return it to Apple store. The good thing is that I have 30 days return with 100% refund provided that is in mint condition and all accessories.

9. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

lol, scary forum detectives.

I would wait to see what happens, Apple Stores are just beginning to receive the unlocked iPhones, the one at Madrid don't even have any insight on the subject. It will be a few weeks before Amazon (if) could potentially offer them. And by the time, I'm sure you'd rather get an iPhone 5 ;)

10. thatdrewguy thread starter macrumors regular

back to the original post...

well what do you think?

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Well if you're on AT&T and rarely travel, why bother with an unlocked iPhone? Anyways, hope it works out for you