unlocked iPhone 6s - how to get one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kulfon, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Kulfon macrumors regular

Folks, am I right assuming that the full price t-mobile iPhone is in fact an unlocked phone? Need to get an unlocked phone and want to be sure which provider to select. Thanks!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It has been reported that the T-Mobile iPhone requires 30 days of usage before allowing it to be unlocked. A full priced AT&T iPhone or Verizon iPhone from Apple come unlock, guaranteed.

3. Kulfon thread starter macrumors regular

I think 2 years ago a friend of mine purchased a t-mobile full price iPhone and it came unlocked, I had the at&t 2 years ago and ot was locked. How to be 10000% certain?

4. Broadus macrumors 6502a

Apple could have cleared up the confusion simply by listing the model number with each carrier option. I'm on Selectel, a Verizon prepaid MVNO.

If I choose Verizon in the Apple Store app, I have to have a Verizon account or set up to order the phone. Is the contract-free T-Mobile offering the same phone. Who knows for sure? There are hints that it may be circulating around, but if you choose it you are notified that it is a GSM phone, while I need a CDMA.

Those who use GSM MVNO's should be fine with the T-Mobile contract-free phone. To make sure I get a phone that works with Selectel, I ordered the Verizon phone reserved to be picked up at an Apple Store 40 minutes away. I'll have 2-3 hours invested to get a phone that should have been delivered to my house on the 25th. While I wouldn't be surprised that Verizon is the reason for the online preorder aggravation in order to get more accounts, it just ought not to be.