Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconeight, May 7, 2011.

1. falconeight Guest

falconeight

First let me say that I love Iphone I am just bored with the OS. I just got a Unlocked Galaxy S2 that works on AT&T 3G/4G and I have to say that the bar is set pretty high for Iphone 5. This phone is awesome.

2. mltaylor macrumors regular

Where did you buy it? I ordered one and they cancelled my order...didn't give me a reason either.

3. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I ordered it from expansys overnight delivery and got it yesterday. I actually ordered two one is coming from the UK Clove Mobile on monday. I couldn't wait. The phone is extremely nice, and I know if t sets the bar then the next iphone is probably going to be pretty damn good.

4. mltaylor macrumors regular

Yea that's where I ordered mine. Maybe I'll try again sometime. I never called my bank but I'm assuming since I was buying from a UK retailer that they denied the payment.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

6. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

it is really thin, so thin that it might be a problem for some people. I am ok with it. The battery longevity is better than my iphone 4 and thats pretty cool for an android.

7. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Looks awesome from the videos I have seen. I've still got 3 days left to return my Atrix - given the SGS2 ships with 2.3.3 I think I might just return the Atrix :) (That's not the say I've problems with Atrix - it's a pretty great device but the SGS2 screen just kills everything else!)

8. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I did the same thing. You will like being able to use amazon app store, sideloading apps, and no locked bootloader.

9. Smoothness macrumors regular

I heard it wont work on tmobile 3G, only edge. I want that phone badly!

10. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and can't wait to get rid of the POS. What is so awesome about the S2? I'm not a huge fan of Android either, still a bit immature of an OS.

11. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

I heard AT&T is going to allow sideloading - but you're right the bootloader and 2.3 update questions still remain.

Can I ask you some questions since you have the phone with you? How much space is there for Applications on the SGS2? GPS - does it really work reliably? Battery life - is it good for a day's heavy use?

12. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Where are the 3G bands listed

13. Hal Jordan macrumors member

Then why wait if you "can't wait" to get rid of it. Especially considering your "not a huge fan of Android." Who are you trying to kid? Just come out and say what you really want to say. You have an iPhone and you hate everything else. Gotta love the closet haters.

14. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

They can't stop it on the unlocked international models.

15. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Its on the box but they are all quad band.

16. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Edge only on tmobile you are correct.

17. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

The social hub lets you put IM's, facebook, twitter, and emails in one notifier/widget.

18. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Did you order from expansys USA? It's really confusing. Expansys USA listed it as only having dual band 3G. I really want this phone, but it sucks that Samsung is not selling this in the US, and importer sites are not helping either by putting inconsistence specs. It's hard deciding to spend that much money without any certainty on what you're getting.

19. Vegastouch, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Dual core processor so the battery should be much better than the Galaxy S and it has a 4.3" screen and a 8 mega pixel rear facing camera and a 2 megapixel front facing camera.
    Im just going to wait til it comes out here on T-Mobile so i can still enjoy my cheaper rates.

Please tell me you didnt buy it for $749? Thats just crazy!

20. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Says on the box the processor is 1.2 GHZ. Not sure how to add a youtube vid on here but if it dont show up, here is an unboxing link of the GS2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOP8u9Cy7w

21. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

I think this does it for me - works with AT&T 3G and read the reviews - battery life seems great and the GPS does seem to work based on Engadget video review! Ordering tomorrow - hopefully Expansys-USA is reliable, never heard of them before.

22. 62tele macrumors 6502a

Gee, I thought this was an iPhone Forum.

Seems like a Galaxy thread would belong on a Samsung/Android Forum.

Perhaps it would fit in if there were a comparison of features, functions etc.

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Agreed. This thread doesn't belong here. More than a dozen posts about the Samsung, and only two posts remotely about the iPhone (aside from your raising the issue that this thread is in the wrong forum).

@OP: Please consider posting in another forum unless you are specifically making a point about the iPhone. I get that your title tells us that this thread is unlikely to be about the iPhone, but on the mobile version of MR some of us do not appreciate having to scroll through threads that aren't really relevant. Just sayin'...

Oops - I forgot to say that I hope that the OP enjoys their new phone.

24. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Expansys has is listed wrong I did order from them and its quad band. They don't make a dual band s2. It was $750 but I had a 3% coupon and $20 off.

25. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

It already has 2.3 on it and it has 2gb for apps but I have most of mine on the sd card, plus it has 16gb of internal memory.