Unlockers looks like more waiting time.....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bjerkins, Jan 14, 2011.

1. DEE9299, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011

DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

Unlockers looks like more waiting time.....

deleted

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Yes more links to obscure websites to drive ad revenue please. You can go to the team's blog or their twitter accounts to get this news without all the hype demonstrated at "other" sites.

Can you possibly cram any more ads on that page?

The team's site is here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ It lists their twitter accounts to the right.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Good to see some news about this. Been missing my unlock.

4. Yhapster macrumors newbie

now i've seen this...i'm tired of waiting on this untethered jailbreak and unlock..i know the dev team and all others who work on these projects owe us nothing when it comes to releasing these tools ..but what i don't understand is why not release what works for now and simply release an updated version to the unlock when possible on a later date... not all of us are stupid to upgrade our devices and lose our unlocks..i got my iphone as a gift in november 2010 which was already on 4.2.1..others have been waiting longer than i am..i'm just tired of it..i simply unfollowed all of them of twitter...i'm gonna continue to use my blackberry..

5. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

I think it makes more sense if they just state that "we only release the jb/unlock once every 6 months (or once a year) if we can do it."

Many people are tired b/c of the false information...oh, the unlock will be out after 4.2...then, oh, they wait after 4.3...and it's possible...oh, they wait again until 5.0.

IMO, they shouldn't wait too long to release if they already have the jb/unlock.

6. DEE9299, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  7. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Since the need for a new jb/unlock is the result of Apple releasing new firmware, a recurring schedule of releases doesn't make sense.

8. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

It makes perfect sense to wait for 4.3, but how much you want to bet once 4.3 is out, they'll be news of 4.4 due a month later, so they'll just wait for that. And then 4.5 and then 5.0. Draw a line in the freaking sand and hit it.

9. CZK macrumors 6502a

When we were all on 4.1 they were waiting for 4.2 and now that we are all on 4.2 they are saying that they are waiting for 4.3.

I guess that when we will be on 4.3 hmmmmm we will be waiting for 4.4 ?

Tired.... very tired... and btw for all those who said that they work for free, nobody works for free thats 110% BS.

10. Krandor macrumors 6502

Because once they release a jailbreak, Apple is going to stop whatever they are using from working anymore so the have to find a new way to jailbreak the next time. if they release "what works now" and then apple closes the way they jailbroke then they cannot just "rlease an update later" since the hole is closed.

11. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

I agree it's not easy but they should at least try to be more specific, every other firmware update or in about 4 months...etc. I think it's long enough for people to wait 4 months for the unlock.

12. CZK macrumors 6502a

Everyone is on 4.1 - 4.2 right now. Don't update and you are fine.

Why waiting ?

ANd MN mentionned ''only after 4.3'' not ''Right after''

This means we will wait and wait... and wait and guess what ? Wait and wait again. This is getting old.

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Unless anyone in here can UNlocked the baseband faster please stop the pointless crying.

14. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Exactly. Be patient or do it yourself.

15. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

...sometimes people need to understand the different types of discussion, a constructive discussion v. a crying discussion.

16. mastercool10 macrumors member

i've got 4.2.1 with baseband 01.59.00 running.

I'm also using the untethered jailbreak redsn0w and it worked excellent.

I don't know why everyones panties are in a bunch.

I can unlock and I'm using an untethered jb. What more could you ask for?

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

18. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

To answer an earlier question: part of the reason they don't release works in progress is because there are bound to be idiots who don't read or follow instructions who will screw up their phones and then flood the developers' inboxes with requests for help. That's a headache they don't need, which is why they would rather just released the finished product.

19. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Eh...

I guess I understand the semi-frustration from the people that have gotten their iP4's with 4.2.1 already installed. The people that frustrate me are those that have had their iP4's since launch or, at the very least, since they came with 4.1 stock.

Why in the world do people update their firmware to a version that can't be unlocked IF YOU KNOW YOU NEED IT TO BE UNLOCKED??? And don't say you "accidentally" upgraded. That's one of the most overused (and BS) excuses ever.

Yes, I'm still on a 3GS...and I'm STILL on iOS4.0 (I'm also not in need of the unlock). Why? Because it WORKS. I've not had to do a restore, even once, since upgrading to, and jailbreaking, 4.0. It...just...works. I didn't need the "new" signal bars of 4.0.1. And, for the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone upgraded to 4.0.2 (which did nothing but kill your chance of unlocking if you needed it and patch the exploit for the jailbreak). 4.1? Sure, it added HDR and Gamecenter (the latter of which is just a fad, IMO, and the former you can accomplish with any number of apps). But why update to it before it's able to be jailbroken AND unlocked...if you need it???

And now you've got people griping non-stop about how long it's taking the Dev Team to release tools for 4.2.1 (and now, for 4.3). Just stop. They aren't going to release anything until AT LEAST 4.3...end of discussion. You coming on here and griping or, God forbid, sending them messages on Twitter isn't going to make them work faster or harder (and I'm a vindictive SOB, so it would actually cause me to drag my feet).

This is only directed at those that have UPDATED to 4.2.1 when you could've stayed on 4.1 or lower. For those of you who's iP4's came with a firmware that can't yet be jailbroken or unlocked...I do feel for you. But then again, why not get a phone that works for you NOW as opposed to depending on jailbreaking and unlocking?

/rant

20. CZK macrumors 6502a

Yeah seriously i'm semi mad.

Got my i4 on 4.1 in early october.

I'll drop a tear when TEH UNLKCO comes out for sure. Then it will be party time all night long.

But telus is going to unlock iphones for a fee in 2011. I Guess its a race between dvteam and telus ( in my case).

I'm not really mad, more sad than anything.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That sucks dude:D
    I'd go with the official unlock if you can instead of the hack. Hope that comes soon.

22. CZK macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the moral support lolol

XD

23. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Are you using beta redsn0w?