Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Hello,
I am using business issued laptop running Monterey
I have two options to connect to business network: Citrix and Cisco AnyConnect. I prefer to use Cisco. It worked fine for a long while.
Two days ago I startled to experience the issues with Cisco.
It could connect to VPN server but fails to establish connection.
The weird thing is that it’s not consistent. I mean some days it works and some it doesn’t.
I contacted my ISP and they didn’t find any issues in my home network. I contacted my business IT and they said that nothing has changed on existing VPN server and they don’t have a problem to connect
What I could try to do from my side?
Thanks

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Even if you are not using iCloud, uncheck "Limit IP address tracking" from Network settings, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Even if you are not using iCloud, uncheck "Limit IP address tracking" from Network settings, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
bogdanw:
I unchecked the option but it didn’t make a difference

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Whatever I do … I’ve got this error:
Untitled.png

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
I would like to try to re-install application. I don't have access to media, but I see in Applications folder the following:
1705790636419.png

Will it be safe to 'Uninstall application' and then reinstall it?

Thanks

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
AnyConnect is typically configured with multiple gateways to choose from. Try a different gateway server.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
AnyConnect is typically configured with multiple gateways to choose from. Try a different gateway server.
Thanks,
I already tried it … unfortunately without luck
Since I have another option to connect to network ( I could use Citrix ) I am inclined to monitor it for some while.
My gut feeling is that something has changed in environment (either my MacBook or company’s network)
My experience also points that sometimes new updates could fix it.
I am inclined to conservative approach

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.